We enjoyed a nice little get-a-way to Grapevine last weekend to The Gaylord and had a blast. I had to take a lot of breaks walking and use my heart monitor but other than that it was great. It was amazing to see how much fun Grayson had and it was heart warming to see the joy on his face with some of the activities we did. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe which scared him a little because we were sitting near a huge gorilla but other than that he has never sat so still and focused during a meal! We were surprised at how great the food was, too! He then rode a train, went to toy stores, and rode the carousel. It was a nice, relaxing evening and the perfect little get-a-way for our family. The Gaylord was beautiful, it was not as family friendly as Great Wolf but it did have trains and that was more than enough to make Grayson happy.
Another big thing happening for our family is a possible career switch for me! Joey really wants me to be a stay at home mom and although it's tempting, I really LOVE working. So I have been thinking about making a career move that will be better for a mother of 2 than counseling. I absolutely love counseling and it is so me but at the middle school level it is very intense and time consuming. I really wanted to move to the elementary level but there are no positions. There is a lead in Mesquite ISD but I really want to stay in Forney. So I am thinking about going back to teaching for a year or two while I have little ones. I always got to leave around 3:30 and I enjoyed the constant interaction with kids. I feel it may be the best decision for our family. I am only 27 and have had a blessing of year as a counselor and I have the degree and certification so I am not stepping down, I am just stepping back to do what is best for my family right now.
I will keep you posted on how that goes! Until then, here are some pics of Grayson and I at the Gaylord.....a very pregnant me. Unfortunatley, Joey was taking the pics but I will have to find some with him in them!





1 comment:
That little man is so cute! He has grown so much!
Post a Comment