Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Blessing of Conviction

Sometimes the Lord convicts us. Conviction is such a blessing yet it can be so hard. If you know me I am a big planner. I am always planning the next activity or thing to buy or project for the house. The wheels are always turning and I don't think that is a bad thing but it is when it gets in the way of my relationship with God. Lately, I feel like my focus has not been on God. Today, I feel like the Lord just showed me that and sometimes it can be so hard to realize how you have been, facing ourselves is one of the hardest things to do. As a counselor, I am always telling people how we can only change ourselves.....and it is so true. So, I hope to start spending time with God and in His word than on Pinterest and in prayer more than being on Facebook. Do I think those things are bad? Certainly not, I quite LOVE them! But I see that if more of my time is going to those things and not God then I am not truly being a servant of Christ. But I am just so thankful for this conviction and what a blessing that can be!

Can you believe Thanksgiving is already almost here? How did that happen? It seems like school just started and we are almost halfway through they year! Grayson and Ella are so ready for the holidays!! The other night they were begging for hot cocoa and were watching Christmas movies. Since they are so stinkin' cute, I gave in! When Grayson and I went to Michael's today he wanted to buy everything Christmas.






This week went by so fast but it was full of fun! We took our 5th grade students at our school to the Dallas Symphony and it was amazing! Our students were so well behaved and it was a once in a life experience for many of them. We even got amazing seats in the choral terrace.
And I love my counseling shirt. I got it awhile back and completely forgot about it!!! I broke it out of the closet yesterday for a day full of counseling and it was the perfect shirt for a busy day!
And I have to share this picture because when I saw it I laughed out loud...literally...in the office because I was surprised by the background. I didn't remember taking a picture in a garden with a lovely fountain...haha!! H-I-L-arious!!

And this is random but this is from last weekend. I am amazed at how kids keep themselves entertained....Grayson and Ella were at my in-law's and decided to be birds...and then cats...in a cage and took turns getting in and feeding "the bird" fruit snacks.....love the creativity!
And today we enjoyed some time shopping and some Starbucks. Did y'all know it was buy one, get one free? Grayson liked that idea!
And we just got back from celebrating my little brother's 22nd birthday. I can't believe how big he is. It seems like just yesterday I was making him and Megan play school with me and bossing them around....(what's new). I am so proud of the young man he has become. He is going to school, married with a son, a homeowner, and has a great job. He has already accomplished so much at such a young age! Love him bunches...Happy Birthday, Jordan!!
Y'all have a blessed week and a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I have so much to be thankful for and look forward to my mom's and mother-in-law's super yummy food!! : )




No comments: