Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Getting Settled

It has been an intense, emotional three weeks with birthdays, a big move, a baby shower, and getting settled into a new place all rolled into one!!

In September, we celebrated Grayson's birthday which I blogged about, and enjoyed eating lunch with him at school.

Then we had a shower for my sweet sis in law. I can't wait for baby Jansen to arrive. I will be throwing another shower for my little sister and baby Liam soon, too! I can't wait for my nephews to get here. I absolute being an aunt, it is so special to have the unique relationship with them. I am blessed with two nieces, a nephew, and soon to be 2 more!!
We also celebrated (kind of) Joey's birthday! He is finally 29 which makes me feel better since I am 30...haha! He doesn't like doing much for his birthday but we had a nice little family dinner. That Joey is such an amazing, selfless, handsome, sweet husband and daddy. We are so blessed to have him even though we drive each other crazy sometimes with our firstborn personalities...haha!

Then we feverishly packed up our house we have called home for 7 years. The house we brought our babies home to and celebrated birthdays and holidays. If you know me, you know that I always wanted to move but when it came down to it...I cried. When I saw our empty house and the moving truck in our driveway...my heart sank. The new owners came by as we finished moving the last couple of things and she had to give me a hug. I feel so happy knowing that a sweet little, growing family will be making their own memories in that home. I know a house is just a house and memories make it a home. I will always love that little home (even though it drove me crazy when I lived there) but I know we will make a lot of memories in our new home.
So empty : (

See our new home...haha..it is just the wood of the frame for the foundation.

Now we are just getting back into the swing of things and getting a new routine at a new place. We are at Joey's parents which is great and they are so sweet and helpful, we are just trying to make our own little system with two kiddos. We are keeping busy and having fun!
Ella is back in gymnastics and loving it!!

Lauren and I went to the Groovy's pink party and had fun shopping and got an amazing goodie bag. I also won a raffle for a Belfiore spa gift basket yesterday...I so can't wait for a spa day!!!

We had a super fun Fall playdate with Amanda!

Ella was able to have a Mommy and Me day on my fair day!

This is a glimpse of a day in my life at work. I LOVE my job!!

Two things that make me happy....Starbucks and Nordstrom.

Decorating pumpkins in our jammies. These two are my world.

I know October holds a lot of fun things for our family. We have our church outreach at the Harbor, pumpkin patches, festivals...I just love FALL!!! Today is supposed to be cold so I am so wearing boots and a scarf today!!! I hope you all get to enjoy this gorgeous weather, too!! Have a great weekend, y'all!!

No comments: