1. He said he hopes to read his bible more.
2. He wants to help more kids and families who don't have money and wants to give his birthday presents when he is 7 to kids in need.
3. He will eat healthier and might eat some vegetables even though they make him want to throw up!!
Haha! I love this boy and it is a blessing to see what a sweet, little guy he is becoming.
1. She wants to listen to Mommy and Daddy more.
2. Help kids.
3. Turn into Queen Elsa from Frozen and have ice hands with magic powers.
We talked about coming up with things we want to do or be better at and I thought she did a pretty good job. #3 may be far fetched but, hey, she is 3!! : )
My hopes for the New Year are things I want to work on to be a healthier me, a Godly wife, better mom, and more of a servant to God. These are all areas I struggle in when multi-tasking as a working mom and wife.
1. Be better at following the gluten free way of eating that I am supposed to be doing. When I went shopping last week, I really researched products before I went to find more options. I was pleasantly surprised!! I found all of the below at Walmart and I know with our new Kroger coming there will be so much more!! The Lentil chips are amazing, by the way!!!
2. Be a better wife to Joey. Many times as a working mom, I get frustrated with the many demands. Unfortunately sometimes husbands get the rest of us after we have given 100% at our jobs, doing things around the house, and after spending time with the kids....I want to give my husband the best of me and not just the sleepy, grouchy 8:30 p.m. version of me. I know he deserves so much more. I am also so thankful for the blogs The Time Warp Wife and Women Living Well.
The women behind these blogs write about the importance of putting God first while being a Godly wife and mother. I love the graphics on facebook that daily remind me of what kind of wife I should strive to be because I definitely have a long way to go. The Women Living Well blog is also starting a free book study within the next 2 weeks, so check it out!!
4. Put down technology and interact more. I think everyone is a little guilty of this one. Many times, I think...Wow, I could have been reading my bible for the past 30 minutes instead of online shopping or being on facebook. While I love my blog readin', online shoppin', and Pinterest pinnin' time....I want to make sure I am taking quiet time for God and also talking to my family. I swear there are times where I am on a laptop, Joey is on his phone, Grayson is on his Kindle, and Ella is on the Ipad....oh my!
5. I hope for this year for Joey and I to set a better example of following God to our kiddos!
6.
8. To be outside more. I was talking to Joey about this the other day. I remember growing up and being outside from the second I got home until the street lights came on. We did that whether it was cold, hot, or raining. I think it is so important for kids and adults to be outside, move around, and get fresh air!!! I noticed when I even take a walk outside, I feel so much better!!!
![]() |
| Klyde Warren Park with Sawyer |
![]() | |
| Me and the kids after our 2 mile walk! They did great and it didn't wear them out as much as I hoped..haha! |
9. To use more natural products and eat natural foods...for the whole family!! With eating gluten free, I tend to try to eat more natural foods that are naturally gluten free. Yet, there are things that I didn't think of until talking to Grayson's pulmonologist. He was telling me with Grayson's asthma and for our family's sake, it is important to use natural products. With the new house, he said things like natural room spray, natural cleaning products, natural candles, soaps, etc. will make a huge difference in his breathing and all or our skin.
My sweet sis in law told me about Mrs. Meyers. She uses the cleaning spray and soap. I hope to invest in a lot of their products when we move and what's even better is that it's not drastically more in price than the other stuff!
My sis in law also told me about a great place to buy it!!! It's through Diapers.com and it's called the Vine.com and has all natural products. I am SO in love with this site now, which I am sure Joey isn't thrilled about since I have already ordered many things off of it! It also has a whole gluten free section!!!! You can find the site here: http://www.vine.com/
P.S. They have great deals on Larabars!!
So those are my goals/hopes for 2014. The Lord has blessed us so much and I pray it continues with this new year!!
And I will close with yesterday's events....
I got my tubes tied. Weird to blog about it, I know. We prayed about it for a long time to make sure we felt it was the right decision. With my health/stomach issues we felt it was thr right choice for my body. You might be wondering what we will do if we want more? Since we first met we both discussed adoption being on our heart. So, if we have the desire for more we will adopt...but at this time our family of 4 feels complete.
Surgery went well. I had some issues with pain meds not working so I was there a bit longer than expected (7 hours)!!! The nurses were amazing and Joey was seriously so stinkin' sweet. It made me appreciate him even more!!!
Went in like this.....
But ended up like this...haha....
I felt so bad not being with the kids but they were having the.best.day.ever as quoted by them by eating lunch and going to the park with Nana and Young Grandma!!! (Pictures courtesy of Nana)
I hope y'all enjoy your New Year's Day and that your 2014 is full of lots of love and blessings!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment