What I have loved the most is all this extra time with family. Sure, we got a little stir crazy but for the most part it was kinda nice to be forced to just stay at home and relax.
The first two days we had off were due to ice but that didn't stop us from playing outside.
![]() |
| Yes...my hubby owns jackets and pants...but no....he will not wear them. #peteacherlife |
![]() |
| Showing off in his flip flops, tee, and shorts...geez |
The first two days were a little rough because we started running out of things to do and we were trying to limit just putting them in front of the tv. I swear I cooked like there was no tomorrow, we painted, cleaned, did homework, they made up games, rolled around, they fought and then made up, and they even just cut up pieces of paper. We were a little excited to get back to school.
Then this past Thursday we woke up to SNOW! We spent hours outside and even took a walk around the neighborhood!
They had to thaw out when we came in so they put on bathing suits and hopped in our tub....snorkel and all.
I am not trying to be all sentimental but I am so thankful for days like these. Am I a perfect mom? Absolutely not. Do we have perfect lives? Nope. Did I have perfectly planned activities? Haha, no.. unless you call eating tons of carbs and falling asleep to Mr. Peabody and Sherman planned activity then maybe....But I am realizing that I have to take each day as God gives it and to slow down and enjoy the moments He gives us. Right now, all I know is that Joey and I are trying to soak up every minute with our kiddos. It may mean putting down phones and getting away from technology but crazy days like snow days helped remind us to slow down more often.

















.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment