Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, January 2, 2017

A Year in the Life: Fall 2015 and What's With All The Star Wars????

Fall is always super busy. School shopping, prepping for students to get back, and Halloween. Halloween is one of our busiest times because that's when Joey has the most outreaches with the Star Wars ministry. Let me give a little background on this. When Joey first had his passion for evangelism/ministry he was using a method he learned in LA with Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron. They did a lot of street evangelism and Kirk and Ray had a show called The Way of the Master where they film these encounters. So when Joey came back from their Ambassador's Academy he was on on fire to spread God's word.
He started going to places like the Harbor and other areas with groups of people and would share the gospel and just have a real conversation. I love the method in which they do this. It's a real, not a I'm better than you....it's a we're all sinners and I mess up too, let's look at what God says conversation. You can check out Joey's blog HERE You can imagine that not many people want to talk to a stranger. Joey had some amazing conversations and I'm sure God used Joey.

Let's fast forward to a few years later (I don't know the whole story) and Joey along with a group of guys started doing a Star Wars ministry. They created movie quality suits, invested in creating props, and started going to festivals and large events. What began as guys talking to people about God and people being hesitant turned into people waiting in line to have their picture taken (while some share the gospel or pass out gospel tracts). Our past, amazing church (Chisholm Baptist) is also involved in some of the outreaches. Below are some of the outreaches Joey and/or the guys have done.I could not be any prouder of him.









So now back to Fall 2015. Grayson started 2nd grade and Ella started Kindergarten. Grayson also celebrated turning 8 with a...can you guess??? A Star Wars party. Ella tried out cheer for the first time through Upward. She wasn't a fan but we were glad we gave it a try. We enjoyed festivals, baking, birthdays, and everything Fall.







Our matching bracelets for the first day of school. "I love you to the moon and back."





Even his sweet teacher came







Downtown Rockwall with sweet Shelby

Someone wanted to be a middle schooler that evening
That was a wrap on our Fall. Whew!! Almost done with 2015!!!

No comments: