Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Changes! Changes!



Here's some pics of Joey and I on a date night/witnessing at the Harbor and a pic of Grayson and Joey before going out and about!


Summer is coming to an end and I am feeling bittersweet about it. I have enjoyed every minute with Joey and Grayson and being able to sleep late and cook more for my family. On the other side, I miss being on schedule and I know Grayson really misses school and we just miss the routine...plus it seems when you stay home you spend wayyy more!!!
Our family has had a lot of changes this summer and we have really felt it has been all led by God. We have grown so much as a family and Joey and I have grown so much as a husband and wife in our relationships with God. It has been so amazing to see all that he has shown us and how it has changed our lives in just months. He has been so good to us....now for the changes! No...I am not pregnant (that I know of!) but there are some big things happening in our lives. We have put our house up for sale. We decided a week ago. we had talked about it but 2 sundays ago Joey said....I feel like we need to move....so I said okay and we called a realtor and now we have a big FOR SALE sign in our yard. The housing market really stinks but we just felt the need to do it. If it doesn't sell maybe God wanted to show us to be more thankful and appreciate what we have because fixing up the house has made me feel that way! On the other hand, we have been looking at some neighborhood in Forney (Fox Hollow and Devonshire) and a couple random ones in the Rockwall/Heath area in case it does sell. We really love Forney because we both work here. But like I said it's in God's hands and we're just going to go where he leads us.

The other big change is that I got a job as a counselor at a middle school. I did not even apply and it just all happened within a week. I am definitely nervous but I feel God has a purpose for me there. I am going to miss my old school and teaching Kindergarten so much but I am excited about this new step in my career.

So its been amazing to see how God is working in our lives and we can't wait to see what God has in store for us next!

2 comments:

Randi said...

I am so happy for you Melanie! I can't wait to hear all about middle school and I know God will lead you where you need to be. :) I am going to miss you in Kindergarten, but I know that you will love middle school and the awesome things you will be able to do with the kidos. Middle school is such a cool age group and I know you will do great!

The Thomas Times said...

Wow!!! Those are big changes! You will do great at the Middle School! So does Lewis need a new Kindergarten teacher??? I did apply to Forney this summer!?!? Congrats to you and Joey...God is good!