Tonight I will be going in to the hospital to be induced and we are so excited! But since I will be in the hospital, I wanted to post this today! Tomorrow, June 24th, will be our 4th wedding anniversary. I can't believe 4 years of marriage have already passed by. They have been amazing. I think I am a bit emotional over this anniversary for a couple of reasons. #1 I am pregnant...enough said! :) and #2 My sister in law will be getting married in less than 3 weeks. I will miss her since she is moving a while away but I am more emotional/excited about the journey her and Dusty will be embarking on. It's not only that I think they are a sweet couple but it makes me think of when Joey and I started out 4 years ago. I remember being so nervous and scared yet excited going away on a honeymoon just me and him and then moving into OUR house just me and him. It was surreal. I remember it being tough because I was starting my first year teaching, starting grad school, getting our new house together, and he was in college full time. (and 6 months later we got pregnant with Grayson!) It was a whirlwind experience but it is amazing to see how much we have grown and how strong our marriage has become. I am excited for Dusty and Lauren to experience that.
But these 4 years have been THE MOST AMAZING 4 years of my life. (Of course, I am going to start crying now...lol!) Joey is an absolute answer to all my prayers of what I had wanted in a guy. I had a prayer journal through high school ( I still have it to this day) and inside I was writing about what kind of guy I wanted, here were the top qualities I prayed for:
1. A Guy Who Loves The Lord
2. Dimples
3. A Musician
4. Classic Style
As humorous as it may seem, God blessed with all of that and more in Joey. He is loving, caring, sweet, thoughtful, and always makes me feel safe. I can talk to him about anything and knows he understands and listens. I am never afraid to speak my mind in fear of what he will think. He is an amazing leader for our family and brings us closer to God each day. He is a wonderful father to Grayson and I know he will be the same to Ella. So HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY, Joey. I love you so much and thank you for being my rock and still remembering to do the little sweet things. I look forward to may more years to come!
Oh and I will definitely blog when we get that baby Ella home! I am so excited to see her face and even more excited to see how our sweet Grayson will react!


No comments:
Post a Comment