Header/Navigation Bar
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Simply the best.....
Growing up, I remember from as early as 4 or 5 waking up every Saturday morning to my Mom making a big breakfast, the smell of coffee, and country music playing in the background. This family event occurred almost every Saturday until the day I moved out when I got married. My parents still do this every Saturday (it's one of the things I miss so much about living at home with my parents). Well, I noticed a lot of Saturdays I usually make pancakes or waffles and we lounge around as a family in our pj's. I hope to do what my family did with us kids. They always took the time to just relax with us, we would all cuddle up and just listen to music and have our tummies filled with a good breakfast. We did that this past weekend and I sat there praying that I always have a little piece of that morning in my memory because it was simply the best. I loved seeing Grayson hold Ella and I loved just having so much time to just relax with them and my wonderful husband and not be in a hurry to do anything.....a lot of us get so busy with life and don't push the pause button. Family, 2nd to God, is the most important thing in our lives and a true gift from God. It's part of who we are and can help define someone. So I guess the point of my blog was to just share some advice and that is to slow down and enjoy the little things, they are the things that can bring us the most joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of Acker Family Happenings would be interested in.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com
Post a Comment