Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Second Child....

It is so interesting when you have a second child. It is so different than the first but each is special in their own way. Here is an example:

Grayson has always been extremely cautious. He tells me to put both hands on the wheel when driving, he is apprehensive about certain things, he is a picky eater. He is very smart and has sat still since he was old enough to sit up to read or go over letters and sounds. He knew all of his letters  and sounds by 16 months (I know, I know....now I am just mommy bragging...lol!) It takes him time to warm up to people he does not know. He makes sure to slowly get in the water because he is unsure of it. He is our sweet loving big boy who we love so much!

Now to the second kiddo:
Ella is only 9 months old almost 10 but her personality has already "blossomed." She is the happiest baby and knows no strangers. She literally hangs on to the side of the bathtub and just lets go to fall backwards and thinks it's funny, while I am panicking! She eats anything in sight and will bite, grab, or jump on any moving thing. She is a little fireball! She is so wonderfully sweet and wants to be with her big brother all the time. She cheers in excitement when he is near. She keeps us running has so much energy.

Yet, with two such different children, I guess its safe to say that people are right when they say your second one is different. But I just love how neat it is to watch them. It's a blessing to have two, wonderful children who have such unique characteristics about them.

As I am writing this my husband just came in with a mohawk, it seems he decided to shave his head. He will buzz it all but thought he would humor me. What a rascal! I guess he was hot from mowing and thought he would just get rid of his hair..lol!

Well I am off to make a picnic dinner in the backyard and then to get ready for the week. Only 8 weeks left to summer break! Y'all have a great week.

No comments: