Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update On My Health

It has been a crazy couple of months. I have been trying to figure out what is up with my health! I had a lump begin to appear in my neck around the time I was pregnant but it was very small. Around November 2010, I noticed a big, hard lump. I went to the doc to see what it was and he said it was a swollen lymph node and to just keep an eye on it along with taking some antibiotics in case its just an infection. Two months later they started testing because they wanted to know why my lymph node was swollen STILL and why I had signs of inflammation in my blood work. Long story....short...I had a CT scan over spring break, they found that my lymph node in my neck is really swollen and the other is beginning to swell, as well. Then Tuesday, I had a biopsy and I am just waiting to hear back.....the waiting game stinks with a capital S! I am trying to prepare myself for the worst so that when it's hopefully not a big deal, I will be surprised. I appreciate everyone's prayers and I will keep you all posted! I know that God is sovereign and whatever His will is, is part of His plan!

On the home front, the Acker household has been busy! We have had so much going on and those sweet rascals are keeping Joey and I busy. We are so blessed and could not have asked for a sweeter son and daughter. Grayson has been too presh...with his big blue eyes and confident personality. He is so sure about everything he says and has also dabbled in a bit of story telling. Ella is starting to show her dramatic side. She truly shows her emotions and makes sure someone is watching. She is the sweetest baby and is always smiling. She is still a petite thing but has been cruising and getting into everything...including loving on bothering her big brother! Well I hear Grayson now (Ella is snoozin')....so I better go see what he's getting into...lol! Please keep our family in your prayers, prayer is so powerful!

Love,

Melanie
A Recent pic from our wonderful photographer!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Love the pic! Y'all are so cute!

I didn't even know what was up with you. I am sorry to hear and will keep you in my prayers. Please let me know what the doc says and if there is anything I can do for you! I miss ya! :)