Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Our regular schedule is back...

Long gone are the days where I was bored and wondered what I was going to do that day. Our lazy summers are over and our school schedule is back in full swing....as you can tell. I have been MIA when it comes to blogging.

Here's a recap of what's happened since the last post:

-Grayson turned four
-Joey turned twenty seven
-We have been to a lot of parties...
-The kids both got shots at the same appointment and Joey and I promised each other we won't do that again
-Joey and I are going to be an aunt and uncle for the third time....we are SO excited!
-Ella enjoyed her first trip to the lake!
-We have had tons of fun at the park!
-Fall is here and I am loving every.minute.of it.

We have had a busy couple of weeks but I must admit that I really like being busy. Since I have been married to Joey, I have always been either pregnant, in grad school, working, or doing something new. This is the first year that I don't feel super busy burning on both ends but we have kept busy with work, family, and friends! I am not going to lie I have thought of getting my doctoral degree but then I remember how amazing it is to be able to have so much time with my sweet kids and also how much it costs..haha!

Grayson's birthday went well and I got so much on sale which was exciting. Joey and I are doing Dave Ramsey for those of you who don't know so we try to live as if we have half the money we do have so that we can save more and pay things off faster. It is really hard and I can see why most people don't do it but we are seeing wonderful results already. We are doing it so we can live as close to a debt free life as possible (we have things like cars, house to pay) and we really want to be able to give more and help others more. It is something God has really put on my heart! Now, I won't lie...I do still love shopping but I am just smarter than I used to be. Before I didn't really look at the price of things as much but now it's exciting to find sales!

It has been a blessing and I am thankful that God led our family to do that! Well, I am going to go get my things ready for school tomorrow...we are going to make applesauce in my class...how exciting! I love this time of year!

I will leave you with some pictures....of course....that's what you came here for....right? :)






My sis, mom, and me




Daddy and Ella at church

On his real b-day

Acker Family Birthdays




The parents to be of our new niece/nephew...I think niece!!



Ella's first trip to the lake

Ella and Grayson's fall gifts for their teachers

1 comment:

Randi said...

I love Grayson's birthday pics! His cake is so cute!

That is so exciting for Lauren. You will have to post what it is when they find out. :)

Miss ya!