Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

I hope you and your families had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! I can't believe 2012 is here! We had a pretty cool Christmas full of family and friends. Grayson and Ella enjoyed every.minute.of.it! I say this every year...but it was so much fun! I guess I will love every stage they're in, it keeps getting better and better. I am just so thankful that the Lord has blessed us with these two sweet babies! I am thankful every second...even when they drive us crazy!

Here is a recap on our year!
*I learned what its like to chase two kids!
*Joey and I have grown even more as a married couple.
*I have learned to be a bit more patient.....now I said a bit.
*Ella has turned into a full blown toddler...running, tantrums, and learning to do amazing things and melting our hearts with her beautiful personality. Her smile makes my day.
*Grayson is now reading and make us so proud every day....literally...he is brilliant, kind, handsome and says some of the wittiest things. His hugs are the best.
*We found a wonderful church where God has shown us where to help and use our talents.
*We have had the best times with both sides of our families...they are simply amazing. (we are even getting a new niece, Sawyer)
*It's been a pretty quiet (aside from the tears, kid screams, and laughter), blessed year that has made us even more thankful.


So do you have any New Year's resolutions? I have never really thought too much about it...because people usually break them. This year though...I would like to set some goals for myself. I am a very goal oriented person, if I set it...I feel like I HAVE to do it! I have always been that way but I guess that is why I have also tried to create realistic goals because it will drive me crazy if I am not able to do it! So here are my GOALS for 2012.

1. To be a more Godly wife. This is one of my struggles. Joey is an amazing provider and always does anything to make me happy so I really want to strive to be a Proverbs 31 and Titus 2 woman (these are verses based on what God wants women to be...you can look this up on amazon, they are books also... I hope to read this year also). In today's society women are told to be independent, opinionated, and strong willed. Those are all great qualities but its also important to be obedient to God's word and to your husband. I think for me I always want to have the last word and speak whatever is on my mind, which can be good but it's also important to respect your husband as a biblical wife and this is what I aspire to do more.

2. To get HEALTHIER! This does not necessarily mean to lose weight (which I could definitely also do) but to change my eating habits and increase my exercise. I want to be a healthier person and try to eat less processed food and more natural, raw foods (not meat though...bleh). I think this will help a lot with my stomach issues that I have (I have already noticed a difference this past week)! I will try to blog monthly updates on my eating, workouts, and changes in my health/weight, etc. Let's say my start date is tomorrow 1/2/12....I already ate some pie at my mom's and Dorito's at Joey's mom's...hehe.

3. This goes with the above....I have been wanting to do a 5K and I am GOING to do it!

4. To be the best mommy I can be!

5. To be the woman I think God wants me to be and not just the woman I want to be.


So, there you have it.....my top 5 goals for 2012!!

So, now we get to the good part....PICTURES!!! Here is a hodge podge of Christmas/break pictures. Enjoy!!

-Blessings,
Mel




Grayson had a puppet show for Ella when she woke up...so sweet!


The Trains at Northpark...one happy boy

Joey and the kids

TROUBLE!


Lauren (mommy to be) and I on Christmas Eve

Nana and the kiddos on Christmas eve
Christmas morning...Ella is more interested in what Grayson has

look of suspense...what is inside???

yes...I know...she was eating the paper and it appears she enjoyed it

Grayson cracked me up, he was saying "WHOA!" as he opened each gift

brother helping Ella open her kitchen

At Papa and Nana's
showing off her new purse

at Mimi and Paw-paw's...waiting to open presents!(ridiculous amount) :)

sweet siblings

Meg and Me with Miss Ella
Girls Sleepover and they had the same pajamas (ella is trying on Liv's shoes)


play date with the oh so adorable Brax and his awesome mommy Randi

play date with Cece and Genevieve

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from our family to yours, may 2012 be full of blessings!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Was good to see you! Ella is precious...I came home and told Greg all about her cuteness and how she carried a purse with toys in it. Love it!

Good job with your goals...I wanted to set some, but knew I wouldn't stick with them so I didn't even go to the trouble. :)

Melanie said...

Randi, we hope to get together again! I can't get over how adorable Brax is....maybe we can do a baby playgroup for each holiday. Like maybe a Valentine one and all bring treats...I can invite some other mommies!