Just a quick update because I know many of you wanted me to post a blog about my first week at my new job. So far...I love it! It is so kid involved and everyone is really nice. I am so excited to see how the rest of the year goes and all that I will learn. The kids are absolutely AMAZING and I have definitely kept busy...which I like.
On the other note, we just came home from Children's Medical Center in Dallas. Grayson had an oh-so-scary asthma incident Friday night/early Saturday morning. He had some breathing issues in our room about 12 a.m. and so I gave him his inhaler. He fell asleep and then woke back up so I gave him another treatment. He seemed okay and went back to sleep. Around 4 a.m. he was really having a tough time and his stomach/rib area was retracting so we knew we needed to head to the ER. I gave him one more treatment before we left. I was thinking that we would have to wait hours but they took his blood oxygen level and rushed us back ASAP. When they hooked Grayson up to a machine (at this point Joey had to go move the car) his machine started making noises and they called some code to chair D right away. I remember thinking, "Oh man, I feel bad for whoever is in Chair D, " and then I looked up and saw that we were in chair D. Joey came back to us with about 4 ER doctors and the supervising doctor around. Grayson's ox levels were so low and then they gave treatments and oxygen and after about 6 hours of that and a lot of throwing up....poor little guy....we were admitted. I will say that it took two FIRE/EMT guys, me, Joey, and 3 nurses to hold Grayson down for his IV...no joke!! Grayson continued treatments and an IV. All I want to say is that Children's is WONDERFUL. They are so sweet, knowledgeable, and made Grayson's stay so fun. We stayed overnight and left today and he is doing great. Asthma is so scary but I learned it can be controlled. We have always been very preventative with his asthma but the Dr. said sometimes this can happen. I got to go to a class to learn more and Grayson got to play in their playroom. He also enjoyed tons of yummy food and snacks and we colored, watched movies, and played Candyland.
Ella got to hang out with Nana and Lala and enjoyed shopping and lunch. They even got her some too cute Hello Kitty boots. She now wants to wear them every.stinkin'. second. Nana realized how opinionated Ella can be.....I think Ella definitely has my mom's personality...haha.
I will leave you with a pic of Grayson at the hospital. His mouth and face are a bit red because his coughing spell was so bad it broke some capillaries. It should all be back to normal in days. Please keep his health in your prayers. I hope to have a normal next couple of months..maybe even years. Hope you all have a blessed week!

1 comment:
So scary! I am glad he is better! :)
Post a Comment