Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dear Summer......I love you!!

I am totally loving summer so far. It has been simply amazing. This week really feels like summer break (I was helping plan for next year at work last week) and I feel like we are figuring out our schedule. I even wrote one out to guide us through our day. I really want to keep the kids on their normal schedule as much as possible while still having fun!! So far, it has worked pretty well except for today. Today we enjoyed a play date with sweet family and friends, there was a little too much excitement (and noise) for nap time. I tried.....
Lunch time! 6 kids and a baby! : )

Being silly with the girls!

My sweet friend and I

Posing as usual
Even my sweet niece came!! I got to enjoy both of my nieces today!!! And yes I know those are the cutest cheeks ever!


Last week we enjoyed our annual Gaylord trip. We have went every year since I was pregnant with Ella and good ol' Grapevine never disappoints us! There is always tons of fun stuff for families to do. It was even sweeter this year because we got to spend a little bit of time with Papa and Nana. The kids had a blast, we had a blast, and it was a nice mini get-a-way! We did, however, learn that Ella is NOT ready for a big trip just yet..very good to know. Haha!
the infamous "Nana"













waiting for the 4d movie


racing the car Grayson and Daddy made

little stinker made stairs to get on the giraffe's back...










passed out the second day on the way home
We also enjoyed some time down on the farm at Mimi and PawPaw's.
my daddy and little one


he loves talking to the ducks, chickens, and the crazy turkey


visiting sweet Granny

running from Granny and Aunt Cindy's to mom and dad's



this is blurry but I love this...laid with Grandma for an hour!!!




Of course, no summer post would be complete without my yearly Summer Goals, so here they are:

1. Read 100 books with the kids! This was our goal last year but I wasn't so good at keeping up with it. This year I am all about documentation plus we have to keep logs for their summer reading clubs. Those are free and fun and learning is involved...you can't get better than that!

2. Transform Ella's room to a big girl room. I have already started shopping.
And must I add that I LOVE Home Goods. They have super cute stuff at great prices. I was going to order Grayson a sham for his bed (since he can't have accent pillows on his bed due to his asthma) from Pottery Barn Kids, it was cute and about $30 (I also love Pottery Barn Kids). I found one that looked EXACTLY the same at Home Goods on clearance for $2. Joey was extremely impressed and I am sure my buddy, Dave Ramsey would be too! : )
He is saying..."Way to go, Melanie!" Haha!


3. Do a nightly bible study as a family! Joey and I have tried before and it didn't work out when Ella was a baby because her sleep schedule or crying but now that she is a little older, it's something we feel strongly about. We always say we are busy but God should be the one thing that we make the MOST time for. So we are excited about this. We want to continue this beyond summer, too.

4. For Joey and I to finish our book study. Currently, Joey and I are doing a book study on "Shepherding a Child's Heart" by Tedd Tripp. We, at times, differ on discipline/behavior. I lean towards my counseling background and he leans towards biblical standards. This offers both and is such an amazing book. The author was a past teacher, principal, counselor, pastor and is a father. We read a chapter a night and discuss the questions at the end. Love it so far and it leads to a lot of great discussion.

5. To do a service project as a family. Hebrews 13:16: Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
That's the bible y'all, enough said!!

6. To enjoy my family and cherish every.minute.with.them. Things get busy but family is what God has blessed us with and I hope to put down my phone more, put the computer off until they're in bed (like tonight), and focus on my wonderful husband, babies, and all our other family and make wonderful memories.





Have a blessed week, y'all!

No comments: