Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Learned a few things and enjoying the break!

I must say that our family has never spent so much time at home. We planned on painting (well I didn't paint any) so that kept us around and then Ella had a double ear infection. All I know is I don't know how stay at home moms do it, I have to give them props! I am such a busy person and get stir crazy within a day! But I did learn that sometimes it is good to just take it easy! Oh and our house did get painted which is nothing big to anyone else but oh.so.exciting for me!!! We just did a neutral color in the main part of the house since the rooms are all painted! Bye, bye bare, white walls! I so will NOTmiss you! Thanks to my hubby and sweet cousin Tina and Shelby for your help!
in person it has more of a grayish tint to it...love it

entry room:things are still getting put back in place
I have been meaning to blog about this since Tuesday because I was so excited! Nothing big but something I learned!! I went to Starbucks to meet up with my bff and we headed off to do some shopping afterwards. In 30 minutes, she helped me find some pretty amazing deals! I never have looked for deals because I guess I was a little lazy to do so but I am so going to start!!! I also hope to look for coupons, too, because she whipped one out at the register and helped me save even more money. I am just so excited because it does feel good to get a great deal whether a person has to bargain shop or not it just seems smart. I most likely won't be able to get good deals on most of the things I buy...but I guess some make a difference!!!

I even got a great deal at Northpark. I usually like to buy stuff at Groovy's, TJ Maxx, and I heart Ann Taylor Loft. I went last weekend and got some slacks for work (originally 69.50), a cute gray and white heart shirt (29.50)and heels (79.50) for an amazing deal!!!
Originally it would have all been $178.50 and then I thought I would pay around 80 something which still would have been a good deal and then at the register I only paid $35!!!! I was shocked! So to sum it up, I learned you can sometimes get nice things at a good price. Joey is pretty happy about this new mind set! He probably thinks this means I will try to spend more since I am saving....lol...maybe so!

I also need some major help...I need to stop buying jewelry. It's my weakness. Today I was trying to organize and clean some out...and gave up!
And I am super excited about my pinterest inspired Blessings board. Joey and I have wanted one because we thought it was a neat way to jot down things we are thankful for or to write down any prayer requests and we love that when people come over they have wanted to write on it! It was super easy to make. You just a huge frame (16x20 or bigger), burlap, and some dry erase markers!
 Then yesterday we spent some time having a Just Dance party! It was some good times! Joey's sweet cousin Amanda came over and me and the kids danced the day away...literally....for 3 hours.

notice the living room hasn't been painted : ( but the kiddos don't mind!

I hope you all have a great weekend and a great start back on Monday for all of my educator family and friends!!!


No comments: