If you read my blog, this will be the ordinary, "We're so busy and I love every moment!" post full of pictures! Haha! This sounds crazy but I blog more for myself. I blog so that I have another place that I record what is going on and pictures so if anything ever happened, this would still be here. I love pictures and it's so neat to have something to remember events in your life, the small moments, and the special people. When I saw the report of the tornado in Oklahoma I just broke down and cried my heart out. Not only did my heart ache for those who lost loved ones and all of their belongings but I thought about the fact of losing someone you love and not having pictures of them or videos to hear their voice. So that is my thinking with blogging. I have this here if anything ever happened to the pictures in our home.
So much has happened since my last post! Mother's day came and went and it was wonderful. It was a blessing to spend time with our awesome families and my our moms (my mom: Mimi and Joey's mom: Nana). I enjoyed homemade gifts and sweet hugs all day!
![]() |
| Muffins with Mom at the kids' school |
![]() |
| Bless his sweet little heart, he thinks I weigh 40 pounds. |
The kids have had fun just being kids. The weather has rocked and hasn't been too hot, so it's been pretty nice to just hang outside.We had Liv over and they kicked it old school by playing Hungry, Hungry Hippos. And....Disney is 29 days away. I am not sure who is more excited...me or the kids? Joey maybe not so much, especially when we paid the last bit of it! Haha! But Mickey did send the kids autograph books which they absolutely loved! I am about to make a paper chain to count down the days!!
![]() |
| Such a boy! |
![]() |
| Hungry, hungry hippo madness |
![]() | |||
| The kids surprise from Mickey....autograph books! |
![]() | ||
| Joey's surprise from Mickey....a bill. Haha! |
Last weekend, I had the pleasure of attending a function for the PCCI organization which is a Filpino philanthropy group. My mom is actually running to be Mrs. Philippines by doing charity work and raising money to help others and provide scholarships for young Asian Americans. We had a blast at the event.
The next day it was sweet Liv's 6th birthday! How the heck did that happen? I just love that girl so stinkin' much!
And this week, our baby boy graduated pre-k. I never thought this was a big deal until I had a kiddo of my own.....what a special day! My heart just melts. It was bad weather and my parents couldn't make it out but we had the lovable Young Grandma (that's what the kids decided to call her) and sweet Nana. We enjoyed dinner and ice cream and Grayson felt so accomplished!!
![]() |
| she was so proud of big brother |
And today we found out great news....Grayson will be in dual language next year! I am beyond thrilled. I am a past dual language teacher and I truly believe in the program and I think he will enjoy it! I especially am passionate about Grayson learning Spanish because where I work, it's sooo frustrating for me because I don't know Spanish. I have to ask for translation to speak to parents, help with making calls, and even answering the phone!! Some people say others need to learn English but Spanish is a language that is so vital, especially in the area we live in. I am even going to learn some Espanol this summer by taking a class. I know this...Hola, me nombre es Senora Acker. Yo soy consejera.....Boo ya! Haha! Here is a picture of Joey and Grayson with his letter (they were playing dress up)...silly boys!
I hope y'all have a blessed week. I want to leave you with this because this really touched my heart today in regards to different aspects of my life. Have a blessed weekend and a safe Memorial day weekend.






























No comments:
Post a Comment