Sorry, folks! Don't get too excited...we don't have a puppy! I had to start off with that because as a parent it is so extremely hard to say no to your cute kiddos when they simultaneously ask for a puppy...haha! A friend from church had a puppy and the kids were playing with it and were in love. I must admit, the dog was pretty stinkin' cute.
But with Grayson's asthma, it is not recommended to have an animal. I think with our busy schedules and my slight OCD, it wouldn't work but just looking at that cute lil' face ALMOST makes me want one.
I can't believe summer is almost here! Only 43 days until Disneyworld and it feels like FOREVER!! Joey is hesitant about bringing a 2 year old and a 5 year old but to me it is the perfect age. We don't have high expectations....we just hope to relax and let the kids experience a once in a lifetime trip (or in the case of Joey's family a once every three years trip). They love Disney and since I went with Joey the first time, I can see why!!!
We have been busy every weekend. Last weekend we celebrated Vann's 5th birthday! I can't believe he is 5 already. Grayson, Liv, and Vann are all 5 at the same time...that is until sweet Liv turns 6 next week! I found this silly picture of all 4 of them at my parent's house a couple fo weekends ago. They had just finished eaten ice cream and wanted me to take silly pictures of them. Melts.my.heart.
I had Career day at my school this past Friday and it was a blast. My bff, cousin, and Joey's sweet grandma all came out to speak and they were awesome. It was neat to have family visit at work and be a part of such a special day!! Thanks, y'all! I even got to meet Chip Waggoner from Channel 4 news.
I also won Counselor of the Year for my Division which was super cool since this is only my first year. We have about 40 schools in our division so that was pretty humbling. Our school won the Character award, too, which my Character council is too excited about. It was an honor but I know I still have tons to work on and way more to learn.
And did y'all know it is Happy Hour at Starbucks...I know that's so random. But from 3-5 p.m. you can get half off frapps and, boy, have we been enjoying it!!
We had a fun weekend with Shelby over but hit a little snag when Grayson was sick Friday with strep. Strep sure didn't keep that sweet boy down.
![]() | |
| She thought she was pretty cool since she went to school without brother. |
Sometimes it's little moments like that are just so fun and memorable. I try to go out of my way to try to make every thing special or extravagant but it's nice to focus on the little things. That's what I plan on trying to do as a mom. I want to always take the time for the small things that to my kids may seem so big one day.
God has truly blessed us and I know that at any moment, any day that could be taken away. I am so thankful for how he has opened my heart and eyes even more lately. I owe everything to Him and his amazing grace. I have been listening to this song every morning on the way to work and it is my new fav. Follow this link to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CWGi82N7k
I hope you all have a blessed week and don't forget to remind the teachers in your life how much you appreciate them and how they are SO AMAZING!! I am blessed to be in education and have a hubby, mother in law, and sis in law...who all happen to be wonderful!!!
Have a good week, y'all!!












No comments:
Post a Comment