Last time I blogged, I wrote about how excited we were to head to the beach and then Disney World and now that we are back we are vacationed out. I love to go to new places and go on vacation but it is a lot of packing and planning with kiddos. These two were our FIRST family vacations. We have always just had mini staycations at the Gaylord or Great Wolf....let me start with Port Aransas!
The kids LOVED the beach but there were a lot of jellyfish but none the less, the sand is what they loved and the resort pool. It was nice to go on vacation with my family since we haven't all gone somewhere in such a long time. Grayson and Ella absolutely loved having Liv and Vann around to play with and seeing Mimi and Pawpaw.
My sister, Megan, got married and it was beautiful!!! She was a gorgeous bride! We are excited to have Aaron as part of the family. It was a gorgeous wedding and I had never been to a beach wedding so it was pretty cool. It was very windy but everyone had a good time and the food was ah-mazing!!!
 |
| The drive went pretty well thanks to many electronics! |
 |
| Mom and Dad |
 |
| Pawpaw and Ella |
 |
| Shopping with Aunt Cindy!! |
 |
| LOVE this picture!! |
The next week we left for Disney World. It was a stinkin' blast. Both vacations were equally great but in different ways. At the beach, we relaxed more and Disney was more on the go because we wanted to make sure the kids got to see what they wanted. We celebrated Ella's 3rd birthday (for real) and our 7th anniversary. Joey's parents (Papa and Nana) were sweet enough to watch the kiddos so we could go eat and hang out, which was so nice. We were able to listen to a jazz band at the Grand Floridian which pretty much made our night (we love old jazz and the feel of the Grand Floridian).
 |
| Hollywood and Vine Play and Dine at Hollywood Studios |
 |
| Epcot, Ella was missing because she was a little cranky! |
 |
| Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Magic Kingdom |
 |
| Who needs ketchup???? |
 |
| Ready for the car to pick us up the ,morning we left for Disneyworld. |
 |
| Ella got to see where Rapunzel lives |
 |
| ADORABLE!! |
 |
| On the magical express aka Mickey's bus |
 |
| It's a Small World |
 |
| Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary |
 |
| Gotta ride the teacups |
 |
| They loved the room |
 |
| 7 years of marriage...wow!!! |
 |
| Almost made me cry...so stinkin' sweet! |
 |
| Nana and Grayson trying on ears |
To say we had fun and did a lot would be an understatement. We are so blessed we were able to enjoy these trips!!! We are thankful to God that we were able to save and go!!!
In other business....I am changing jobs...again! Yes, I know it seems that I have done different things over the past year but it was all to have the experience in different things. I have enjoyed and learned so much with every job that I have had and most importantly worked with some amazing kids. I am sad to leave Dallas and an awesome position but I will now be a middle school counselor with Rockwall ISD. If you know me, I am sure you are surprised because I am so elementary...but I am really excited. Rockwall seems like a wonderful district and I am excited to see what I can learn and how I can impact my campus. I plan on being there for a long time. I feel like God has really led me there so I am A-Okay with that!!!
We hope to spend the rest of the summer having lazy pj days, swimming, enjoying play dates, and reading many books. The kiddos signed up for the reading club at the library and Grayson read his first full chapter book. I am so proud!!! So that is what's down for the rest of our summer.
Before I go, let me write about Miss Ella for her 3rd birthday!!!
From day one, she has been full of sass and surprise. She is a little lady who is very strong willed. She is easy to forgive others and quick to give hugs. She can be demanding but is always willing to help. She loves her brother so much, he is her best friend. She loves the colors pink and purple. Her favorite food is chicken nuggets and her favorite drink is water. She wants to be a princess when she grows up but already is one. She loves God. She is a Daddy's girl and she thinks he is her prince. Her favorite place to be is either Mimi and Pawpaw's or Nana and Papa's. She loves dolls and tea parties but will throw on boots and roll around outside. She is our sweet girl who has taught us so much about being parents. We are so blessed to have her and Grayson...it has made our little family complete!! Happy 3rd Birthday Ella!!!
And a shout out to my hubby for our 7th anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary Joey!!! I couldn't asked for a better husband or daddy to our kiddos. You are such a blessing and I know I can be difficult at times...haha...but really...thank you for being so amazing. I love you bunches and look forward to many, many years!!!
I hope you all have a blessed week and are making special memories with your families this summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment