Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, September 16, 2013

Big Changes!!!

I can't get over the fact that the second week of school is done!! So much has happened in such a small amount of time. First off.....Grayson started Kindergarten!!! There are no words to describe how you feel when your first child goes to Kindergarten. It's exciting, scary, and sad all rolled into one! As a past Kindergarten teacher, I have looked forward to the day my baby would start school. I am so excited for him and this school year but it's a little sad knowing they are already so big! We are blessed that he has a wonderful teacher. Here are some pictures from Meet the Teacher Night and the First Day!!!




Ella also "officially" went back to school AND got her ears pierced. Oh.my.word! It all just happened at once.

We have a contract on our house as I mentioned before and the appraisal came back great so we are sitting, wishing, and waiting. We hope to close in the next 2 weeks so we have been packing up (please pray it all works out and goes smooth). Our house no longer looks like a home and it is pretty bittersweet. We are going to miss the home that we had built as newlyweds and brought each one of our babies home to. Joey was saying the other night that this is where they took their first steps which made me even more emotional...haha. On the other hand, we are soooo excited to build our new home and make new memories there. There are so many factors to worry about like....will the interest rate shoot so high that we will be in a predicament but at the same time we know God is in control and fully trust in Him. Here is a picture of our lot if everything works out.


We also had the fun of picking stuff out for the new house. It was super exciting! Joey was so super sweet that he just let me pick it all out!! Love that guy! Here are some of the options we I picked out. Luckily, we had the same vision.
Interior paint

Cabinet, granite, back splash tile and accent

Carpet and wood floor


Brick and stone


This past weekend, we celebrated Grayson's birthday and I must say it was the easiest, nicest party ever!!! We had it at a neat ice cream shop where we live and everyone loved it!! Most importantly, the birthday boy loved it!!! We also learned that he loved reading each card which I thought was so cute and thoughtful!















Then today we celebrated the Acker birthdays (Joey, his uncle, grandma, and Grayson...again). It was a blast!





So in between parties, packing, and school....we have just been counting our blessings and enjoying each day we are blessed with each other and our sweet family and friends.




Hope you all have a wonderful week and I am sure I will post an overly emotional post full of Grayson's baby pictures for his actual birthday...haha!!!


No comments: