Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Is it Christmas Yet????

If you have little ones I am sure you keep hearing, "Is it Christmas yet?" Grayson and Ella have been so stinkin' excited about Christmas this year. Last year, we started giving them only three gifts (a want, a need, and a spiritual gift such as a donation to a ministry or Christian book). We will definitely continue that this year because we hope it will take the focus off of presents and direct their attention on Christ...the best gift ever!!!! They have definitely had a case of the "I wants" so it may be time to read The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmes...again!
 
Our house is definitely coming along and looking more like a house! Last time, I posted about it, the foundation wasn't even there. Now it looks like a house. 

Today we drove by and they had put all the shingles on the roof. I couldn't get a good picture because it was dark. We are getting so excited!!! It will be nice to have our own home again but I will say it has been a blessing with my in-laws.

Baby Jansen was sick this past week and spent some time in the hospital. It was quite scary but he is home and doing great! He is such a cutie. One positive is that we were able to spend a lot of time with our niece Sawyer which was wonderful!!! For those of you who don't know, these are my sweet sister in law's kids (Joey's sister).

Speaking of nieces and nephews, Megan (my sister) is expecting in February and me and my bff Amanda have been planning her shower. We are so excited and I can't wait to meet adorable Liam. For those who don't know, Liam will be born with a bilateral cleft lip and possibly palette. Megan and her hubby have been researching away on what to expect and feel peace with it all. They know it's something that can be fixed with surgery. Please keep them in your prayers for a smooth delivery and that Liam will be able to eat okay.

Last week we attended the Mrs. Philippines pageant. My mom was a contestant. It was a neat experience and she was first runner up and raised over $14,000 for Bantay Bata, an organization that provides assistance for victims of abuse. We are so proud of her and are glad she will have some free time now.


As always, in our spare time, we have been spending time with family and enjoying every minute.





I am heading out to a conference this week, please keep me in your prayers for a safe trip. Hope y'all have a great week!!!


 

No comments: