Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

What I'm Loving Wednesday!!!

 

I have not done a "What I'm Loving Wednesday" in quite awhile...so I am so excited to get to do one tonight!!!!

1. Let me start out with what I am really loving this Wednesday and for the past week!!! Since we have been a little more settled in the house, I have been loving all of the family time we have had. It has been so nice doing things, just our little family of four. Don't get me wrong, we love our friends and family but sometimes it's nice to do things, just us. We had plenty of chances doing that this past week. We enjoyed taking the kids to the Studio Movie Grill to see Muppets: Most Wanted. It was their first time to go. Oh, let me tell ya'.....they loved it!! They thought it was so cool that they were eating their lunch while watching a movie!!

Then Sunday, we took a little road trip to San Antonio to pick something up for Joey's ministry. We left super early and got back pretty late but we had all kinds of fun!! Joey brought all of the mix cd's he made when we were dating (good memories) and we just talked and played games (Pinterest questions to ask your spouse). It was fabulous. The kids chatted away on the way there and were asking questions since they had never been to San Antonio or as Ella called it, "Antonio." Grayson's class had just finished a unit on Texas so he had a lot of questions about the Alamo and Austin (which we drove through). He was sooo excited! We picked up the item Joey needed and then headed to the Alamo and Riverwalk for lunch. We ate at the Original which was amazing. Here are some pictures from our little adventure.
Ella wanted to buy EVERY pony in EVERY shop!

My handsome hubby being silly!

Us, girls, at the River Walk for lunch. Oh my word...I love that face!

Our super excited, sweet boy who couldn't wait to see the Alamo in person!

He.melts.my.heart.

Gettin' crazy up in here

My new fav pic of my fav guys

Hot.Mess. but we love her so much

My whole world right there

Wanted to show all of his friends that he wasn't scared of cactus..or cacti...whatever

We have also been enjoying the beautiful weather with picnics in the backyard. Joey ordered a picnic table because the kids love picnics in the spring and summer and I think we have already broken it in!!! 


And can I say I SO love our neighborhood. We knew when we were looking for a neighborhood to build in that we wanted a small yard. I know...we are so weird. We wanted a nice home with low upkeep outside because we are gone a lot and don't spend tons of time at home. Our house and lot are perfect for what we wanted and I love the ponds, park, and trails. We have taken a couple of walks as a family, visited the park plenty, and enjoyed walking over the bridge...haha!! Here are the kiddos at the pond/tower. Ella made sure to bring her ponies. My Little Pony and Frozen have her heart right now! We love our neighborhood so much that we are having our family pics taking out here next month...I thought that would be special!
2. Another thing I am loving are these Tory Burch flip flops...so ordering them ASAP! You can find them HERE. I will say I went to Nordstrom the other day to get some and they had limited choices in store, so you may have better luck online! I had recently bought the white converse but after putting them on and feeling like a short clown in them, I will be exchanging them for these. Don't get me wrong: Other people in Converse=precious......Me in Converse=something just doesn't look right. Maybe it seemed too casual for me???? However these little flip flops have some fun and a little Tory Burch bling to jazz it up! #iamsofilipinoicantfightit

3. Blog Books from The Cutest Blog on the Block. L-O-V-E! You can find their site HERE. I ordered a blog book from this very blog and I was so impressed with what I got. The book is beautiful. It is like buying a professionally made, hard cover book. Even better, the kids love it. I literally read it like a story book and it made me even more glad that I blog our memories!  They even design blogs and I am having create a design for my counseling blog now and this one in the future!! 

4. My job. I don't even have to explain. Working with kids is my calling and when I get things like this, I see why God has put me where he has. 
5. Last. What I am loving is an idea I got from another blog called Mix and Match Family. You can read the post here. Shay had posted that she jazzed up her spring jewelry collection when her son picked out a bracelet for her. They have tons of colors!! She then got a bracelet to wear to represent each of her kiddos. I loved this idea. So when I was with Grayson at Nordstrom, he picked out one that "he" got for me. Joey and Ella are going to pick out a color each for me to wear, too. I thought this ideas was cute!!! Grayson picked out white and wanted to pay and everything...precious. They are super fun, colorful bracelets that you can wear with shorts and a cute tee or with a dress!!! You can purchase them here.
Sequin 'Waves' Small Enamel BraceletSequin 'Waves' Enamel BraceletSequin Medium Crystal Detail Hinged Bangle
I hope you all have a great, blessed weekend and I can't wait to post again about our little family's adventures!!






No comments: