Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Oh April....

Oh April...how in the world did you come and go already? This may have been one of the busiest months we have had! This may also be the busiest blogging day ever! I am going to put 3 separate posts up today not including my counseling blog! I have had some people message me about a house tour, Teacher Appreciation Ideas, and I have to blog Easter/April. So first up...here is our Easter in pictures and bits and pieces of April.
The Friday before Easter, the kids enjoyed a party at school and Joey and I sent them on their way and we did yardwork. Well, I wore heels and oversized sunglasses and watched. I did water some things! We enjoyed Easter egg hunts at church, Papa/Nana's, and Mimi/Pawpaw's. We colored eggs, made crafts, and celebrated the resurrection of our amazing saviour.


my sweet niece Liv..LOVE her!


.Moms: we know this is reality!


Aunt Cindy spoiling the kids!

My beautiful sis!



Grayson loved Easter!

Mimi and the gang




Acker fam!


We also had some exciting things happen in our family!!!
My daddy celebrated his birthday! Love him so much!!
Our precious niece, Sawyer, turned 2! How did that happen???
Our new adorable nephew, Liam, had his first surgery for his cleft lip and palate and is doing great!
The kids took their first glow in the dark bath!! They loved it! Nana had given them a big pack of glow sticks so I threw them in and turned the lights out. I did not break them apart since that can be harmful. I just cracked them to where they would light up and threw them in!
I did a Stylish School Counselor Challenge on Instagram which was so much fun!



my gorgeous co counselor and our super cute intern!
We enjoyed visiting the Terrell Jubilee just like we do each year!!! Of course, we had to get the peach ice cream!


This is a May happening but I am SOOO proud of my little brother, Jordan, and my brother in law, Aaron! They graduated police academy and I am so excited for them!! A big Congrats!!!

And as I write this I am laying in bed with my big ol' swollen chipmunk cheeks. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out Friday! Good times!
Me on the way to church this morning...they may be worse now!
  We enjoyed church and a day at Klyde Warren Park...you know....because today is a holiday. My husband told me it is "May the 4th be with you." He had to say it a couple of times for it to click....haha. I didn't grow up with Star Wars knowledge. I woke up to seeing the below pic on facebook.
I wondered what holiday it was, how he took the pic of all of them with me sleeping (it is an app on his phone), and how he fed them breakfast and had time to display all of this? Haha! The kids loved it and I guess it is now an Acker holiday. I am amazed at how fun and sweet he is when everyone else sees the quiet, serious Joey. So here is a proof of what I live with, and love, at home!! : )

We then headed to the Dallas Museum of Art and the park for the Star Wars event.
snow cones on a hot day


I can't believe how fast time flies but I am so thankful for every second!!! Here are some other things we have been doing to stay entertained....
intense game of Just Dance

the girl loves her ponies

such a great helper

love these faces
I hope you all have a blessed week!!! I am going to ice my face and take some pain meds and enjoy a little quiet time...haha!!

No comments: