October is almost over and it has been one busy month. It has been full of cool weather, lots of baking, and many memories. I swear in the past month, I have learned a lot and have reflected more than I probably have in my whole life. I have been praying for direction and guidance in many areas and I am so thankful for God's lead and also sweet family and friends who listen! It is nothing big or major, so no worries....just learning each day!
So, I guess I will start off with our visit to the State Fair of Texas. It was Ella's first time and probably Grayson's first to remember it. We wanted to go and have some good ol' fashion fun. We didn't want to spend tons of money and we surprisingly didn't. We were amazed at the kids' favorite thing.....the arts/textiles. They absolutely loved seeing all of the different things that won awards.
They also enjoyed their first Fletcher's corny dog and seeing Big Tex which they were amazed by! We had a great time and it could not have been a more gorgeous day and the plus is that Nana came with us!
The rest of the weekend, we tried to get the kiddos to focus on cleaning the playroom. I swear I don't know where all those toys come from. My principal was telling me about a blog post she saw on facebook that talks about non-toy gifts for kids. I am SO about that this year! We also only do 3 gifts for each kiddo but I will blog about that closer to Christmas. You can find the blog post (non-toy ideas) from Raising Memories
HERE.
Last weekend, we celebrated my Aunt Cindy's birthday over at my parents' house. We ate cake, cuddled Liam, and after that headed to Kroger to get momma Starbuck's, a pumpkin, a mum, and some ingredients to bake some goodies! Ella also learned about expressions and what a nice look and not so nice look are. Ha!
 |
| We love Aunt Cindy aka Farmer Cindy. |
Friday night, Grayson and I had a night out and headed to the Heath High and North Forney high school game. He got to meet my principal/sweet friend's son and they had the best time and us, mommies, did too!
 |
| Love this sweet friend and her little cutie |
I attempted to take some Fall pics on the porch and let's just say...this is "keepin' it real." One was more than happy to take a pic and the other...not so much.
In between, we have enjoyed sweet time together, more baking, cuddles after bath time which is my fav, time with friends, and school stuff! I am pretty sad that October is almost over, it is one of my favorite months!!!
 |
| Found one of my fav pics of Ella...so classic. |
 |
| Always baking...but I never get to eat it! I do love seeing Joey and the kids enjoy it! |
 |
| Breakin' out some cozy fall clothes. Jacket: Kut From thr Kloth (Nordstrom), Plain White Tee: Cynthia Rowley (TJ Maxx), Western Booties: Jessica Simpson (Macy's) |
 |
| After bath cuddles are the best |
 |
| A hot bath, green tea, fall family circle, and relaxing bath salts equals an amazing evening |
 |
| Just an intense game of Uno and listening to some BB King |
 |
| My hubby and kids made my day by dropping off some Starbucks treats at work. They know my heart! : ) Love them. |
 |
| Pink Out for Breast Cancer Awareness |
 |
| Halloween PJ Day |
 |
| Amazing ladies who I am so blessed to know! We had fun at our fall themed bible study! |
I hope y'all have a great week and I want to leave you with a little something I saw online that has helped set the tone for me each day.
Have a blessed week!
No comments:
Post a Comment