The weekend after Christmas, Vann (my nephew) came to spend the night! He had been hoping to come over and with being so busy with the holidays, it was finally time. All I know is little boys sure can eat. I swear they ate about 6 eggs, half a pack of bacon, and about 6 cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
That Sunday, we headed out to West Village in Uptown, which I love, to head to Kendra Scott so that I could use my birthday discount before the month was over. The kids had fun just walking around. I told them it reminds me of New York City. Grayson said he hopes to visit there one day. It's right there on his list with going back to Disney World.
Monday, the kids and I met Nana, Lala, and my niece and nephew at Northpark for a little shopping. The mommies didn't do as much shopping as the kids! Ella and Sawyer are two girls who heart shopping like their mommies but they were exhausted. I love this picture that Lauren caught of them! Tough Life.
Grayson loved playing with the littles in the Nordstrom shoe department. I swear that's where I usually get the kids's shoes. #1 Because they have great sales and return policies and #2 They give your kids balloons to distract them.
While I was in the Lego store with Grayson, Joey's mom took pictures of the girls heading to the Disney store. They may have been a little excited!
![]() |
| This cutie came home and just wanted to cuddle |
That night, Ella and Sawyer tried out a ballet and tap class. They loved it!!! It was pretty cute watching them on the screen. Ella wants to wear her tap shoes ALL of the time. Ella loved the fact that you get candy after class!
Wednesday, my sweet cousin's wife, Tina, and my Shelby who was like my first baby came out. Ella and I showed them around and we headed to Crumbzz (which is amazing) and then Groovy's. It was so nice spending time with them!!!
That night, we were going to go to a party but we were worried we might be sick and weren't feeling up to it, so we spent our New Year's Eve staying in and resting which ended up being perfect. The kids filled out resolutions and a year in review. 2014 was a great year!
Thursday, we headed to my parents for a yummy New Year's lunch. Liv came home with us to play and then we were able to spend time with my sweet sister and her husband when they came to pick her up. It was a lot of fun until Ella started to feel sick. Broke.my.heart. Luckily, it was just a little 48 hour virus.
Friday, we stayed in and I went to get my "hair did." It was a rainy, cold day so it was nice to just lounge around the house. Saturday and Sunday, we stayed in and I cooked, cleaned, and we played and played which was absolutely perfect! The kids were able to play with their stuff from Christmas since we had been on the go.
![]() |
| Battleship is intense |
![]() |
| First attempt at Kale chips |
![]() |
| Battleship again...of course Grayson won! |
![]() |
| We learned about choosing a good attitude! |
![]() |
| I got in my car and saw this...haha! Love. |
![]() |
| Who needs to be fashionable. I use my blanket scarf as a wrap with my Kermit tee and pj pants. |
![]() |
| I love my little scientist. |
Luckily, part of our staff development was team building fun. It was a perfect way to start the 2nd semester.
The kids did great and went to bed earlier than usual Monday night. After school one day, Grayson was caught organizing his thoughts. #justlikemommy
This weekend, we noticed a common theme of cleaning, cooking, and cuddling. I used to never slow down on the weekends but I am learning how valuable it is. It almost gives me a better sense of clarity as I start the week. It has been a true blessing. Basketball started back up and Grayson had his first game. He was so happy Aunt Cindy and Nana came!! We ended today with a Starbucks trip and a homemade pizza. It was kind of just amazing.
![]() |
| Melts.my.heart. |
![]() |
| Aunt Cindy and Nana |
![]() |
| She took this serious |
![]() |
| Someone wanted to make a birthday list. So proud of her sound spelling |
![]() |
| How big does she look? |

































No comments:
Post a Comment