Well, the Acker Family is back to reality! This summer was so nice, it was our first summer to have a little one and the first summer where neither one of us had to work! It was awesome even though it was a little busier than we had expected.
This past Monday, Grayson went back to the Barnyard Private School and Joey and I went back to work! It was a lot harder than I had ever imagined. As I dropped Grayson off Monday morning, he literally hung on to my shirt and cried. As his sweet teacher (she really is) took him and tried to calm him, he kept crying saying "mama" and waving bye-bye at me. When I got to my car, I began to cry. It was not that hard dropping him off at daycare for the first time when he was 6 weeks old but I knew since we had bonded so much more this summer it was going to be tough. He is really happy though and they have a curriculum for his class, he moved to the Babies class which is for 1-18 month olds. He learns sign language and reads stories and even does worksheets (how funny is that!) He really loves it once he is calm!
Joey and I have been busy at staff meetings, Meet the Teacher Night, and getting our stuff ready for school to start. Joey's office and gym look great while my class is coming together. We are so excited about the school year to start and although we're sad about not being all together everyday, we are ready to be back on a schedule.
Grayson is not walking yet but he is cruising, which for those of you who don't know....that means walking using furniture to hang onto and stuff like that. He is standing on his own but only when he wants to and I can tell he is not all the way comfortable with it. We know he will amaze us when he is ready!
I will go back to school this week on Wed. and Thurs. nights which breaks my heart because I will just catch Grayson before he goes to sleep. It will be hard but it is almost over. I just have 3 semesters left so I'm almost there!! We had Grayson's one year pics taken today, hopefully when we get them, I can post them on here! I am so excited to see them!
No comments:
Post a Comment