Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Growing... Acker Family

In my last post, I announced that we are expecting another one! I am now 8 1/2 weeks (around 2 months pregnant) and I am just so excited! It's really nice with the 2nd one because time does not go by slow because you have another one to entertain you and love on! And wow....is Grayson growing. He just amazes us and we just sit and watch him play as I am sure most parents do. This is such a neat age where he is just taking everything in and he is starting to express his own personality. He is also just so sweet about the baby....he gives my stomach kisses and says...."Baby brother 'n' sister!" He does not mean two, we have already had our first sonogram and there's just one! Ha! Ha! I think he just knows it will be one or the other. Joey wants a girl and I don't care, as long as it's healthy. It would be nice to have one of each but at the same time, I have enjoyed having a little boy so either way is fine with me!

I think my main concern is TAKS season as a first year counselor who coordinates all the testing for around 670 kids. I was reading ahead in My What To Expect When Expecting book last night and I was reading about absent-mindedness....so that worried me a bit! But I kow if I try my best and put my faith in God, he will get me through it! He is amazing!!

We go back to the doctor December 8th and I will be around  11 weeks! I am so excited and hopefully I will be able to hear the heartbeat, we did get to see it at our last appointment at 6 weeks almost 7 on the sonogram! We probably won't bring Grayson to an appointment until we find out what it is....it's hard for that sweet 2 year old to keep still forever while we wait at the Dr.'s office!! We will keep you posted and please keep us in your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby in June!

No comments: