Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, January 9, 2010

A New Year!

I can't believe the holidays are already over and a new year has begun! This past year has been filled with so many exciting blessings and our family is looking forward to everything this new year has to bring.

With all the changes going on, we decided to make some at home. Since we are expecting a new addition to our family in June we decided to move Grayson into the guest room which is much bigger than his room now, the office/music room in the front is just too far from everything. It has been nerve racking trying to find bedding that we like and today I finally bought a big boy bed online for him but it is on back order until March. We are going to go ahead and paint his room (well at least Joey...and Nana may help too!) and decorate everything and buy bedding! We will just put his mattress on the floor until his bed arrives. I just want him to be able to transition early enough to get used to his new room so he doesn't feel kicked out by the new baby. Of course, being a 2nd time mom is heart-wrenching and exciting because you want everything to be fair and equal! I finally found bedding I like for his room but Pottery Barn Kids only has the quilt and not the shams so I am not sure what we'll do!

I am feeling much better now that I am in my 2nd trimester! We tried to go during our 1st trimester screening to find out what the baby is and.....it was wiggling around so much, we couldn't tell. It really does not matter which we have but I am just SO eager to find out....Grayson keeps calling it a sister and Joey's mom and my mom always refer to it as "she" so we will see. However, my sister and close friends think it will be a boy.......we have about 4 weeks until we go back for my 20 week appointment so I will definitely post what we're having! I just want to be able to get things ready and to be able to start buying stuff. With me coordinating TAKS in the Spring and hoping this placenta previa changes.....I just want everything to be done before it gets busy!

We also have picked out names so we are so excited about that! Well, I am going to finish online shopping and make lunch for my guys! Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: