Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

We are Here!! We are Here!

Is it just me or did that totally make you think of Horton Hears a Who? Well, we are here and busy as usual. I think last night was our first normal night and I fell asleep at 7:45. I was so exhausted! The time change and the cooler weather sure don't help either. If I even stop moving or sit a little too still, I am out!

The Lord has been so great and amazing! I wake up each day thinking how is it that He would bless our family so much? That's the thing about blessings....we really don't deserve them and when we realize that...it makes it even sweeter.

We only have the rest of this week and next week and we are off for a whole AH-MAZING week for Thanksgiving. I just love, love Thanksgiving! It is a time for fellowship, food, family, and of course...thanks! It is also the start of my most fav holiday and that is Christmas!! Here are a few things I am thankful for this year:

1. God's grace: I am a sinner who deserves nothing yet through his love and mercy and the repentance of my sin, He loves me, saves me from a horrible fate, and on top of that blesses me! He is amazing and we really got the great end of the deal in this relationship with Him.

2. Church and the Bible: I am so thankful for our church and my bible. It is a blessing to have a place to worship God and to have a bible in English that I can read which I admit I take for granted sometimes. There are so many people across the world that are being persecuted (torchered, tormented, killed) for the faith and belief in Christ. They lose their lives daily and the ones they love. There are also people who don't even have bibles in their language who thirst for God's word. Please keep them in your prayers. You can also find out more information about how to help here: Voice of the Martyrs

3. My husband: Words cannot express how thankful I am for this man. He is loving, sweet, SO helpful, and makes me feel so special. He constantly has a desire to bring our family closer to God and each other. Plus, I think he's pretty cute and we laugh together!
4. My precious babies! First, we had Grayson and he is this smart, amazing little boy and I didn't know I could love another child as much as him and then came Ella and I realized I could. She is our sassy but so sweet little girl! They melt my heart and make me want to be a better mommy and person and a Godly example of what a biblical mother should be.
5. My family and in-laws. They are all the best ever. My parents and brother and sister are always there for me and always know how to make me laugh. I have the funniest and sweetest memories with them and I love them so much and I got a pretty niece and a handsome little nephew out of them, too, whom I just adore! My in laws are wonderful and are the nicest people you will meet ever who don't really feel like in-laws to me...just family. I have a wonderful sister in law who seems like a 2nd sister and I will soon have an oh-so-cute niece or nephew...cant'wait! I am also so thankful for my extended family!

6. And last to name a few things...I am thankful for Starbucks (If I were Popeye it would be my spinach). I am thankful for my job because I love waking up to go to work each day and working with kids!


Well, I hear some kiddos ready for a bedtime story now...y'all have a blessed week! :) 

No comments: