Haha....do you like my blog title? I can't stop saying that! Grayson is actually the one that got me hooked on that. He said it when I poured too much milk one day and now I say it to my students, to people at work, and everywhere! I just wanted to get your attention!!
Well, I am finally back! All of my bragging about blogging a lot over the summer is totally not happening now! We have been so busy with school activities, parent-teacher conferences, get togethers, and Fall Fun!
Joey and I had been in long discussion over whether or not to do "Halloween" activities. As Christians, we felt convicted that we may not be a light to others if we are celebrating in something that has such pagan roots. Yet, as we discussed it we thought about what our intent was.....We wanted the kids to have fun and we want the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be shared. So, we came to a conclusion that we will allow the kids to do fall festivals, and church activities, and even the Halloween festival at the Harbor but on Halloween night they will be with us, involved, in passing out tracts and candy and spreading the gospel. We have also established guidelines on what costumes they can wear and things like that. I know people are going to think we are weird or strict or crazy but....why be normal? Some Christians might say that we shouldn't participate in anything at all but it's a debate that could go on and on and never end. But it's the right decision for our family.
Our family's number one goal is to share the gospel and give glory to God!! If you know Joey, he is extremely passionate about the Lord. He wants to share the Good News with anyone he can. I tend to pass out tracts and post things on facebook....a much more subtle way. Yet, the important thing is to DO SOMETHING. So many people can agree or disagree with an idea or position on something but you have to do something about it. We all hold opinions, some can be rather strong, but if you're not doing anything about it.....then what good is it?
I just want to share with Christians out there to share your faith and the gospel. Living waters has a great evangelism program and great videos and tracts to help you get started. They start with the 10 commandments and go from there. It's important to point out sin (because WE are all sinners) so that people can see how much they NEED Christ and how without Him we are nothing. Here is a link to their site:
http://www.livingwaters.com/
But now for the pics of my sweet babies....what I know you came to see!! :) Here are some pictures from the Scarecrow festival, Rockwall Halloween at the Harbor which they had a blast at, painting pumpkins, church trunk or treat, and at my sister's. We have had a busy 4 days! Enjoy and you all have a blessed week and feel free to e-mail me at: melroseacker@yahoo.com
 |
| Joey and the storrm trooper-an outreach in Kaufman |
 |
| me and my sweet sis |
 |
| grayson's friend from church |
 |
| grayson and friends |
 |
| our wonderful church pastor and the kids |
 |
| liv had just put a warhead in her mouth for the first time...haha...classic |
 |
| going to Nana's |
 |
| Nana and Papa |
 |
| Aunt Jessica and Ella bear |
 |
| The cutest pic ever!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment