I can't believe how fast Spring Break went by, it was THE BEST Spring Break ever. Now I say that every year and hopefully it will be a pattern. It just seems even more fun as the kids get older. We didn't really do anything big this year because at Ella's age it is still hard...Target trips are hard..hehe....but we enjoyed little activities and lots of relaxing. I won't even lie...our sleep is so messed up with the time change and being on break. We have all been sleeping in until 9 or 10, including Grayson and Ella.
Monday, we hit up the Science Place and the kids had all kinds of fun. Everything is so hands on and it was Ella's first time to go there. The kids loved it and I must admit Joey and I had some fun, too! (You will be able to see Joey's fun from the pictures).
 |
| Grayson wanted to take a picture to show his friends a shark almost ate him! |
 |
| Hearing loud noises and not knowing what to think! |
 |
| Looking for shark teeth! |
 |
| Joey telling the kids about chickens! |
 |
| Too stinkin' cute! |
 |
| Ella made her own little area...and wouldn't let anyone touch it!! |
Then we enjoyed a nice picnic outside and the kids saved all of the crust from their pb&j's to feed the ginormous turtles and ducks. It's so neat to see the little things they enjoy!
 |
| Can you see all the bread they threw in? |
The next day we went to the Harbor at got some fro-yo (thanks Lauren) with Nana. It was all tons of fun!
Then we had a sweet visit from my friend Cece and her sweet baby Genevieve. Grayson did a puppet show for Baby G but Ella was not too happy when Mommy and Daddy held another baby. I told Joey she will have to get used to it with Baby Sawyer (my new little niece) coming! But we did make sure to give her lots of hugs!
 |
| Me and Cece...friends since MSU |
 |
| Example: grouchy little Ella |
 |
| Us with our girls! |
The next day we had some fun watching the Lorax and enjoyed my cousin's daughter, Shelby (aka my little buddy since she was a baby) over and we made some good ol' homemade play dough and it was super fun and turned out great! ( I made them wear gloves in fear of little hands and food coloring)
 |
| Shelby...already in 6th grade! |
 |
| Testing the playdough out |
Here's a link to a site that has all types of playdough recipes:
http://www.playdoughrecipe.com/
I think next we will try the Kool Aid kind next!
I am not sure if I posted this before but my LITTLE brother is getting married!! I can't believe it and am so excited. So yesterday Joey and Jordan (my lil bro) hung out with Grayson and Vann (my nephew) and Jessica (my soon to be sis in law), Ella, and I all went to run some wedding errands and do a little shopping. We had so much fun but I was a bit freaked out when Ella was eating a RED lollipop while Jessica tried on her wedding dress (by the way it is GORGEOUS)...but it all worked out!
And this morning it is St. Patrick's day and Joey and I made a little surprise breakfast which was Pinterest inspired for Grayson and Ella. They LOVED it.
So that was our spring break in a nutshell mixed with some relaxing, family, and friends. Please excuse my long blogs since I only blog about once a week I always try to cram as much as I can in a blog...so sorry for that! Well I am off to enjoy the rest of the weekend and I hope you all have a blessed one, as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment