This past week was full of so much......good and bad. On Sunday, we were waiting to see if our counter offer on our house was going to go through. We had an offer and we were going back and forth and they did not accept our counter offer so our house it still on the market. Joey is a bit happy with this because he loves where we live and our house but I on the other hand am ready for a change! We will see what happens and I am sure the Lord will put us where we're meant to be whether it's somewhere new or staying here.
On Tuesday, I left for New York City. It was amazing and I will talk about it more in my next post.
The hardest thing about this past week was hearing the news while I was in NYC that my brother in law had taken his life. I was full of shock and sadness. Him and my sister were going through a divorce but I know she still loved him so much and I know he loved her, it was one of the those things that just didn't work out. I am not sure why or the reason but he will be very missed. I have many memories of him that I will cherish. He was only 22 and would often joke that I was super old. He would always say..."Hey Melanie, aren't you like 50?" or if I made a comment about good music that was from the 70's...he would say, "Oh yeah, weren't you like 30 in the 70's?" Him and Megan would come to our house often and stayed with us weeks when Olivia was born. I remember that he would eat anything I made which would make me feel good about cooking...haha. I remember him and Joey telling me and Megan they could not ice skate and then they started skating around us and laughing and Josh skated backwards showing off. Ever since we told Grayson that Aunt Meggy and Uncle Josh were not going to be together anymore (because of the divorce) on his own he would pray for Uncle Josh almost every night. It is a sad time for his family, our family, and of course Megan and Olivia. I know it will be hard for Liv and I keep thinking of the times where not having her Daddy will be so hard but I know she has an amazing support system made up of his family and our family. So please keep everyone is your prayers as we remember Josh. He will be missed.

No comments:
Post a Comment