The past few days have been hard with the loss of a loved one. We have had Olivia with us for a couple of days trying to give her some normal, routine time with such a tragedy occurring. She has been having fun and seems to be doing as good as a kid can do since just losing her dad. The funeral will be tomorrow and it will be a difficult time, so please continue to pray for all that this has affected.
Towards the end of the New York trip, it had been stressful and sad because I wanted to get back to my family with all that was going on but now I will look to all the fun that I had! It was an amazing place but definitely not a place where you "relax." I enjoyed it because I am such an on the go person and we crammed as much as we could in the 3 1/2 days that we were there!!
 |
| my cousin's wife, Tina and their sweet daughter, Shelbs |
Highlights of the trip were:
1. Al Roker thinking I'm a creepster but he was super nice
2. Seeing Times Square! Ahhh-mazing!
3. Shopping on 5th Avenue!
4. Seeing all the diversity there!
5. Eating pizza in Little Italy...delish!
6. Riding a tour bus through NYC and seeing all the cool history
7. Eating their food...had a lamb gyro and it was so yum
8. Seeing the statue of liberty while hanging out at Battery Park
9. Going to the Stardust diner on Broadway
10. Shopping...everywhere!!!
It was a blast and I am so thankful to my sweet hubby for letting me go and watching the kiddos who I missed so stinkin' much!!
 |
| Finally in Times Square! |
 |
| Of course this was one of my fav places! |
 |
| I was in love with the 3 and 4 story Toys R Us and Disney store |
 |
| This was for Grayson but he informed me that "That is not how Power Rangers stand, Mommy!" |
 |
| Looked at the subway and ran...we were a little scared. | | | | |
|
 |
| If only I was 15bs smaller and 7 inches taller...I could be a Rockette...haha! |
 |
| Where the ice skating rink and Christmas tree usually are |
 |
| Gorgeous buildings |
 |
| All hyped up on Starbucks |
 |
| Today Show |
 |
| I would be a good critic |
 |
| The history and buildings amazed me |
 |
| Those taxis are rascals...I almost got hit by 2 and they honked and put up a "sad finger" at everyone |
 |
| Where Yoko Ono lives |
 |
| Night at the Museum!! Well I guess it was a Day at the Museum |
 |
| Good ol' Teddy R |
 |
| I found some owl friends!! |
 |
| Exploring my culture |
 |
| Me and Shelbs really showed that $6 photo booth....instead we just took our own pictures for FREE,,,ha! |
 |
| My first food from a cart |
 |
| amazing architecture.. |
 |
| Duke Ellington |
 |
| I LOVE libraries...is that weird? This one looks amazing!! |
 |
| The Philippine consulate...went to visit them a bit |
 |
| The only Baptist church I saw...love the front |
 |
| our hotel |
 |
| This was my fav part |
 |
| My New Year's wish that will be put in the ball that will be dropped from Times Square in 2013. How cool is that? It says. " For the Lost to be Saved!" |
 |
| Memorial made by kids for the Sept. 11th attacks |
 |
| How cool would it be to go there? |
 |
| Stardust Diner on Broadway |
 |
| The waiters and waitresses sang while they worked and they were amazing!! | |
|
|
|
 |
| a little snack at FAO Schwarz |
 |
| I so wanted to get Grayson and Ella a Muppet puppet b/c they are so about Muppets but I only did carry on and you get to design the...definitely something I will find for them close to home |
 |
| my fav part...seeing the Henri Bendel store on 5th avenue |
So that is a little glimpse of New York. It was so much fun and it's a place I would definitely like to visit again...maybe next time with Joey!
So I know what you really came here for...pics of the kids! Before I left I tried to do a lot with them so we headed on over to Chuck E Cheese and had a candy-eating, prize-winnin' good time.Then we enjoyed a Kindermusik playdate which are always fun, if you haven't tried one with your kiddo, I highly recommend it.
 |
| Ella stealing hugs at Dippin' Daves |
And last a picture that brings tears to my eyes yet joy to my heart...a picture of a liitle girl who is going through so much yet has a smile on her face!
Have a blessed week and again keep Josh's family and our family in your prayers....
No comments:
Post a Comment