Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, July 28, 2012

WHooo are you Linky Party?


I am starting a Whooo Are You? Linky Party. So link on up and let's get to know each other!


1. What is your name, nickname?
Melanie and a lot of friends and family call me Mel


2. What do you do for a living?
I am an elementary counselor which I LOVE and am also a wife and mommy which I love even more


3. What job would you have if you chose another career?
I started out pre-med and sometimes I think it would be cool to be a dr. or a Rockette if I weighed less and grew taller..lol!


4. What is your style?
Classic, girly...I swear I wear a dress 6 days out of the week

 5. Food you could eat every.stinkin'.day?
Sushi

6. Who is your inspiration?
I try to live Christ like each day so it would be Him. I also have a lot of special people in my life that inspire me each day.

7. What are your favorite brands?
Henri Bendel, Kate Spade, Tory Burch are my fav big brands for accessories but I usually shop at Groovy's, Nordstrom, Express, Target, Forever 21, and any place I can find cute stuff on sale


8. What is your favorite vacation spot?
I would have to say Disneyworld and now New York City


9. What are three things you couldn't live without?
My bible, family, and Starbucks

10. What is your favorite thing to collect?
OWLS! I have always loved owls and then I became a Chi Omega and their symbol was the owl. Now I teach at a school where the mascot is an owl...I just love them. Throughout our house, you can see subtle owls here and there. I am currently on the lookout for some cute owl salt and pepper shakers and an owl pillow for ella's room.


11. What are things that make you laugh./smile?
My husband. Our babies. The old Saturday Night Live skits (with Adam Sandler, Jimmy Fallon, Chris Farley). My sister Megan and brother Jordan. Really Silly Humor. Awkwardness. The Swog video on youtube (cracks me up everytime, its the opposite of swag...hahah).


12. What is one thing you want to try?
Sewing! I practiced some with my aunt and it took me about 5 hours just to make a cape!!! One of my aunts bought me some super cool sewing books with tips and patterns. I so want to learn how to sew...maybe I will try again next week!I want to be able to make cute stuff for the kids and Pinterest has so many neat things.
13. Favorite song?
I think Benny and the Jets by elton John is probably one of my top fav songs. I love so many types of music so it's really hard to choose but that song puts me in a good mood.
Also, my fav Christian song would be 10,000 reasons by Matt Redman...beautiful!

14. Favorite bible verse?
Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

15. What is the craziest thing you have done?
I sang "Part of Your World" from the Little Mermaid in front of hundreds of people at the Hyatt in Dallas. Super embarrassing but I secretly loved it!


16. Who would you say is your favorite person?
That is so tough I have a lot of those...but my other half is pretty amazing. My husband Joey is my best buddy and the person I trust with all my heart. He makes me laugh and is always there for me. He is an amazing dad to our kiddos and is my best friend.


Hope you enjoyed and link up. Also, PLEASE vote for the school I work at below. For every 25 votes, our school will receive a $25 Target gift card to go towards supplies. The school I am at is extremely low income and is filled with some pretty amazing kiddos:
 Vote for Jack Lowe Sr Elementary


Have a blessed week!


No comments: