Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Being content....

Let me start off with some updates on my kiddos....

Sweet Miss Ella has had a whirlwind of a weekend and start to her week. This past weekend she seemed to have had a super yucky tummy bug. Yesterday morning, she got into our bed. I had taken off work to take Grayson to a specialist appointment (more about that later). Well, all morning she was extremely lethargic and if you know our Ella that is SOOO not like her. It scared me and I called my bff/medical advisor and she said she would highly suggest taking her to the dr. Ella was so stinkin' out that when I picked her up she was just limp. She didn't talk. She didn't wiggle as usual. She didn't even want to eat. I brought her to a local urgent care and she still laid there. They brought us back pretty fast and they said she was severely dehydrated. They gave her an IV which I must say is seriously uncool for a 2 year old. After 5 hours, we were released and she was still pretty lethargic but she was talking and staying awake longer than 10 minutes. I swear this mommy cried more than her! : (  A trip to McDonalds for some chicken nuggets and some donuts at Brookshires seemed to cheer her up and make her eat again...

She still has an upset tummy but is much better. She will probably need to get whatever it is out of her system but hopefully she will be back to school Thursday....she keeps asking to go.
Finally playing!!!
Now to the other sweet one. Grayson. As many of you know, Grayson has struggled with some pretty rough asthma. We had an appointment yesterday with an amazing doctor who specializes in pediatric pulmonology Joey ended up taking Grayson since I had to stay with Ella. Joey said the dr. spent about 2-3 hours with him and Grayson. He gave us some action plans and all kinds of fun info. We even got an organized binder full of resources....you know how I love me some organization! Needless to say, we are thankful for this dr. and we both learned a lot. We pray that this will be a nice, healthy future for Grayson and his asthma!


Now to blog about what I felt I needed to blog about....being content. I think as a woman it is a battle feeling content. With fashion, stuff for homes, stuff for our kids, and so many other things...it's hard to be completely satisfied or at least for me, it is one of my struggles. Tonight I felt horrible. I was feeling overwhelmed and just started getting upset with things at home. I felt like my carpets looked horrible, my couch looked like a canvas of drawings, and the white walls were starting to make me feel like our house looked so ....blah. I just prayed about it and prayed. I didn't pray for my house to change but for God to take away the feelings of not being content. While I was putting Grayson to bed, I prayed and remembered a blog I had once read. I remember reading it a little less than a year ago. I felt the need to look it up and read it again. You can find the exact entry here: Grace Full Mama
Her blog describes her own feelings about being content and thankful...it's a great, short read. It also discusses a missionary's rules for her contentment. These are the rules the woman had that contributed to her contentment.
1. Never allow yourself to complain about anything, not even the weather.
2. Never picture yourself in a different circumstance or someplace else.
3. Never compare your lot with the lot of another.
4. Never allow yourself to wish this or that had been otherwise.
5. Never dwell on tomorrow.  Remember it is God’s, and not ours.
And, to this I would add, (Grace Full Mama)
6. Choose to be thankful for exactly where you are and exactly what you have.

This just pulled at my heart. I broke into tears. I can't even count the times that I have done those things. So many times I have thought, "What if I would have taken this job?" or "What if our house sold and we would have done this?"  Wow, how humbling. I know that God placed me where I am and where my family is for his divine purposes. I may not know just why yet but I am so thankful for being where I am. I am sure I will have my tough days but to know that I am an integral part of His plan and to know he thoughtfully put me where I am is amazing. This may just be me struggling with this, but if not....I hope this was able to help someone else.

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Hey! Got your message on my blog...I have tried to email and text you a few times. Did you get a new number? Let's get together during Christmas break!

I will be praying for Ella and Grayson. Poor things!

Miss you!!!