Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Hello, 30!

I feel like this past week has been crazy with a capital C! For all you fellow educators, I am sure you feel the same way since we usually have a week off before Christmas! Luckily, Joey and I were prepared but it still doesn't make the holidays any less hectic!

So, last Sunday...I turned the big 3-0!!! I can't believe my 20's are gone. I don't stress about getting older because each day is a blessing from God but so many AH-mazing things have happened in my 20's! It's bittersweet.....
I graduated from college!!!
I married the cutest, sweetest guy in the world!
We had Grayson!
I finally finished grad school!
 
We had Ella!
The biggest thing that happened in my 20's that I don't have a picture of is getting baptized! Best day ever! So it's understandable to see why it's hard to leave the 20's. The best things in my life have started here! But I look forward to all that God has in store for me in my 30's.
Speaking of...I had a great, little get together full of family, friends, food, and sweet gifts! It was such a blessing to be able to relax with everyone!
 
me and my sweet hubby

mom and dad

me and some of my fav people

Grayson and Liv ready to dig into the cakes...love these kiddos SO much!

my bff Amanda made me a cake and so did my super sweet mother in law (hers is not pictured but is AMAZING)

birthday fun at work

me and megs

Joey knows the way to my heart! Starbucks for breakfast!
SO now here we are...2 days until Christmas and I am sooo excited. I feel like each year it goes by faster so we have tried to enjoy all of the festive things at this time of year!
Someone is on their 3rd pair of TOMS (it's all she likes to wear)...and my sweet niece Sawyer just got her first pair...can you say ADORABLE?
 
our handsome guy before he checked all the names on the presents under Papa and Nana's tree

Elves are real....haha

miss ella
I hope you all have a blessed and safe Christmas holiday full of love! I pray we all focus on the meaning of Christmas and not just the material things (which can be hard...)! As our pastor, Rocky, said in his sermon today....it's not just about the birth of Christ but what he did and who He is, from the cradle to the cross and to His glorious reign. That is just summed up but so true!
 
Oh...but wait! I went to a counseling conference which was amazing and picked up some goodies!
I can't believe I didn't have these books and I can't wait to create activities for them for small groups and guidance. I hope, for real, to have my counseling blog The Stylish School Counselor up over break!!
 
Have a Merry Christmas!!!
 
Love,
Mel

No comments: