It's about 9:42 p.m. on a Sunday night and usually I would have been asleep about an hour ago but I have all kinds of energy right now. I swear it has to be the green tea I have been drinking. I have lost about 7 pounds in the last month and aside from eating healthy I swear it's the tea. It's naturally decaffeinated and I drink it hot with 2 stevias and a little skim milk. So yum! It gave me energy to teach Sunday school, Christmas shop and have lunch with the fam, come home and cook about 3 meals for the week, and do all the laundry and get this....put it away!! And I am sure it is definitely God that helps this busy, workin' Mommy and wife get everything done!
This past weekend was one of those "proud, Mommy moments." As a mom, you are always proud of your children no matter what and think they are the cutest stinkin' thing on the face of this earth! But it is so exciting when you have those moments of things they do for the first time or when you see it is evident that they worked so hard and did it.
Grayson had his first "school" program this weekend. It lasted a little under 3 minutes and I couldn't have been any prouder. He has been talking about it for weeks and said he's been working hard at school with all his friends. They were all AH-dorable!! And don't worry...I took plenty of pics!! : )
Nana was there and that was super exciting for Grayson. My mom, Mimi, unfortunately couldn't be there because she is in Canada for my cousin's wedding. Joey actually didn't get to see it because he had to take Ella home because she was in desperate need of a nap and at her breaking point. She did get to enjoy some of the fun stuff they had before her little meltdown. Poor thing! : (
 |
| Ella getting her sweet lil' face painted |
 |
| Ella making her cookie |
 |
| Celebrate Jesus! |
 |
| Nana |
 |
| making cookies |
 |
| he loves his school |
 |
| train ride and hot cocoa |
 |
| one proud mommy!!! |
|
Y'all, I can't believe Christmas is almost here! If you're in education and your break starts the day of Christmas eve then you know how I am feelin'! I have been trying to get so much done so that I can enjoy the weekend before Christmas making cookies and soaking up all the Christmas movies, hot cocoa, Christmas music, and lights while we can. The kids have really enjoyed the season this year and I say this every year...but I just love the age they are right now! It is so fun. Aside from all the places we have been going, we have really tried to reinforce the meaning of Christmas. I put some Christmas books in a basket in their rooms that they can choose from at night so that we can read some fun Christmas stories. One of my personal favs is This is the Stable which Grayson read to me and Ella tonight!

I have seen so many neat Random Acts of Kindness ideas on Pinterest and on blogs but we have a little Acker tradition that we do. It may not be as cutesy but the meaning of it is wonderful! My husband (and me and the kiddos) pass Money tracts out during the holiday season. They look like this on the outside:
And then when you open it, it looks like this:
Joey puts a dollar in there and it has the gospel message and he passes them out like regular tracts....they just have a $1 in them. It may not be much but the main goal is to get the gospel out to people. Joey tries to save up dollar bills all year just for this purpose. If you are interested in getting some for this year or next or for any other evangelism products, check out: livingwaters.com
Well I am off to wrap presents!!! I hope you all have a blessed week and stay warm! I will leave you with a picture of our sweet girl!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment