Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Health Update and Terrell Jubilee

We had an amazing weekend out at the Terrell Jubilee. I look forward to it each year because the kids have fun but, most importantly, Joey and our church or his friends do an outreach to spread the gospel. Some people may think that is weird but I think for Joey and other Christians, you feel like you are truly doing God's work. And, again, the kids have a blast....


Taylor's Homemade Ice Cream...we came back Sunday and ate some again....so good!

Passing out tracts

Chocolate monster




Taking the kids around...alone..aaahhhh!

Ella's new fav!!
You can read about the outreach on Joey's blog: http://redemptionnotreligion.blogspot.com/

Ella really enjoyed seeing the characters and wanted to go hug every.single.one. of them. It makes me even more excited about Disneyworld because we have booked Chef Mickey's and a Princess breakfast at Akerhaus in Epcot (character meals) so I know she will love it, at least I hope she still does by then. I think Grayson will enjoy the rides more but then again I guess I will never know until we get there. Only 59 days...I can't wait!! I am not even gonna lie, I am a little stressed because we are going to Port Aransas with my family the weekend before and then will come back a couple of days and then leave again. We have NEVER went on a trip with the kids, either one of them. We have always taken little mini staycations at the Gaylord so 2 big trips so close together is a little stressful but I am also so excited.

Now for an update on my stomach issues. I have really paid close attention to what affects my stomach and I have tried to really think about my food choices even more. I am not completely gluten free but I limit it and that has made a big difference. I have also cut out diet soda and I don't have as much stomach cramping. I have been eating pretty clean, as well, so that has made a huge difference in how I feel plus lots of green tea and stevia and also black iced tea. So, I am really thankful that it has gotten so much better. I still eat things I shouldn't (even though it hurts later) because sometimes it's hard to miss out....but I am limiting that more now.

So here's what I have noticed:

Things that cause pain:
too much dairy (I can eat ice cream but if I eat a lot of dairy in one day it kills my stomach)
bread (I do eat 100 calorie bread thins and those don't bother me too much)
anything greasy
carbonated drinks


Good List:
Kind bars
non acidic fruits and veggies
less gluten
tea as opposed to any sodas
brown rice (isn't gluten free but doesn't bother me)

So it is crazy it has taken me years to narrow it down but I am glad I have. It might not make sense b/c it's not solely one thing (truly gluten free, vegetarian, etc) but it has worked for me.

I am off to read with the kiddos but I hope y'all have a blessed week.

No comments: