Header/Navigation Bar

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Big Summer Happenings!!

I can't believe how fast summer has gotten here! Tomorrow will be Joey's last day of work until August 16th and Grayson's last day of daycare. Unfortunately, I have to work until June 18th so they will have two weeks on me! Joey jokes that they are going to swim and party everyday! Ha! Ha!

Well I have had a wonderful year as a counselor. But with a lot of thought, I have decided to go back to teaching until an elementary counseling position in FORNEY opens up. I had some leads in Mesquite and a school interested but I have decided that I want to be where Joey and our kids will be. Plus, I know so many people in Forney and just love it. It is one of the best school districts I have ever seen. I had already signed my counseling contract for next year but fortunately they let me get out of it to sign a teaching contract at RHEA ELEMENTARY! I am so excited and I will be teaching 1st grade dual language and the best part is....Joey is the PE teacher there. It is such an amazing blessing to be able to work around the corner with my sweet hubby! I will continue to work on my LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor to have my own practice) next year so teaching will be a better fit for allowing me time to do that and be with my family, which is my number one goal.

Grayson has been doing great. We are struggling a bit with potty training but he is getting better. He will be 3 in September but I think the biggest problem for us has been that we are gone so much. Hopefully, since we have the summer together we can really hit that hard.*Mommies out there, if you have any tips, please leave them in the comment area! We would love to hear any ideas that worked for you. We would love to NOT have 2 in diapers! :)

Speaking of two, Ella will make her scheduled arrival June 24th, which is me and Joey's 4th wedding anniversary. She could come earlier but that is the date that I will be induced if not. They are estimating she will be 8 or 9 pounds. Grayson was 9lbs 2 oz, so I am used to big babies! I am really excited and I can't wait to see how Grayson will react to her. He has been practicing with stuffed animals and has done great! And I can't wait to see if she will look like me or like Joey! I was shocked to have a blonde hair, blue eyed baby being half asian.

I will post pics of Grayson from a couple of weeks ago and of Ella's room as soon as I can, so be on the lookout for those! :)

2 comments:

Kelli @ Our Growing Family said...

I hated potty training! Look at my blog back in January 2009 and on. That is when we started potty training with Jackson. His birthday is September 27th, so you can easily compare him to Grayson. Most people (with girls it seems) say it just take 2 weeks at home and they are trained. It wasn't that easy for us! It was a long battle. Going potty got better with time. After a few weeks of training, he didn't have many accidents...just "little boy squirts." :) #2....that seemed take forever for it to click with him. Yuck! Then one day...several months later - it just clicked and he became 100% accident free. What I learned from potty training is I don't feel like I could be in control of it at all. It was completely him and I was his positive supporter.
If Grayson has an accident, and you want to scream, don't let him know that. I know you already know that, but I really do think being positive and saying "We'll get it in the potty next time" is part of what helps it all magically click one day!
Hang in there. I am about to do it all over again with Garrett and I am not looking forward to it!
(sorry for the novel!!:)
Congrats on the teaching job! How exciting!

Melanie said...

Thanks so much, Kelli! I knew you would have some good advice! It's nice because Grayson's age is in between Jackson and Garrett's so I can usually learn a lot from your blog! :)
Thanks, I am excited to go back to teaching. It just feel right for me now and I miss the interaction with kids...and the hours!