Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Friday Favorites: Cozy Up Edition

In Texas, I don't even bother switching clothes out all of the way anymore. A week and a half ago, my kids were wearing t-shirts and shorts and now we are bundled up in the rain.

I do, however, love the cold weather when it is around...especially during the holidays. It makes it feel even more like Christmas! So this week, my Friday Favorites are centered on being cozy!!I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals, Erika at A Little Bit of Everything, and Narci at Grace and Love.


First, I am absolutely in love with hot green tea (which I know I have talked about before). I have been drinking it forever. Growing up, my mom and grandma would give us green tea a lot. My mom bought a really good kind at the asian market....it was pretty legit. Now, I settle for Bigelow Green Tea. I get the plain kind. Some days I add milk and stevia and other nights, like tonight, I add fresh lemon and stevia. Drinking hot tea and reading cookbooks or magazines have been a little bit of heaven lately! Green tea also has tons of amazing health benefits. It is full of antioxidants and it is the best source of catechins which halts damage to cells and is disease fighting!


The next thing I am loving is Coconut Oil. I eat it, use it as a moisturizer, lotion, lip balm, hair conditioner, moisturizer, make up remover, on the kids' skin. Now, how does this fit with being cozy? Well, there is nothing that drives me as crazy as battling dry skin and with winter here, it sure takes a toll on my skin. I have been reading about all of the amazing benefits and I have definitely seen them! As many of you know, I have struggled with eczema and I have not had many issues since using coconut oil. Joey even commented on how amazingly soft my skin was. I have read that it's important to get one that is unrefined and certified organic. I got the Now Foods Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and I have been beyond impressed. 
When you open it, you will see that it is waxy and hard but as you scoop it out and rub it between your hands, it becomes an oil. Joey may have been a little grossed out the other night when I got out of the shower. I put it on my face, body, hair, and may have eaten a little...gross I know. Yet, it also helps with metabolism and energy. All I know is that I have been able to battle dry, winter skin which in turn sure makes me cozy!!!

The next thing that I have been loving is cuddling up with the kids with a soft throw. I recently checked out a website called Parachute Home which you can find HERE.  Their sheets, throws, and duvet covers are like top-notch, y'all! They only use the finest, long staple Egyptian cotton and everything they create is designed in L.A. and made in Italy. All of their products are actually made by artisans. They offer sheets in percale or sateen. Can you just imagine laying in bedding perfection??
I have my eye set on the percale sheet set in slate. With their products, it doesn't seem to be about tons of patterns and colors...it is focused on luxury.

Last, I would have to say there is nothing cozier than being with my family of four in our home with all of the Christmas lights on watching Christmas movies. This time of year is simply the best!

I hope you all have a Merry CHRISTmas and extend to others the reason of the season with grace, kindness, and love!!!

No comments: