Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sum It Up Sunday: It's The Most Wonderful Time of The Year!!!

We have been basking in everything Christmas!!! I love this time of year and want to make sure we squeeze in fun activities, a Christmas movie everyday, and all while taking the time to enjoy the little moments.

The past two weeks flew by and were crazy.busy. I mean....exhausted, running around, too much fast food busy. After buying size 4 pants a couple weeks ago, I may have to unbutton them. I think I have overindulged the past couple of weeks and now it is time to get on track. Tons of nausea and extra pounds are usually a big sign of gluten cheating! Guilty.

We started the month off with Christmas countdowns, lots of cleaning, and putting the finishing touches on the house for Christmas!


How many days???

Making a Christmas countdown at Nana and Papa's

Tree up and getting presents wrapped

Me and my sweet little Shelbs

Mommy's little helper

Priorities. When you wake up, you look at Pottery Barn ads.

I am officially old but nights like this are amazing
Pj's and Christmas movies? We think YES!

The first weekend, we did some Northpark shopping. Then we headed to Hometown Christmas in our downtown and then Joey and I went to a work party which ended up being so fun!!!
Our stinkin' cute little artist




Love him tons
Last week, Joey and the kids surprised me at work and we went to dinner and got some ice cream! Then, we went back to my school to watch the amazing fine arts students perform. I was so proud of them! The kids loved being at the "big kid" school. My counselor BFF and I dropped off toys at Buckner and may have drank too much coffee, I saw my fav social worker, and me and the kids made cookies and watched A Charlie Brown Christmas (one of my favorite Christmas shows)! Joey and the kids may have had a dance party after that!
At Mommy's school

Our morning Starbucks' stop


Charlie Brown Christmas, our advent calendar which they are so excited about each day, and cookies!

 This past weekend, we had too much fun. Saturday morning we headed to our neighborhood clubhouse for a Christmas Breakfast. The kids loved it. Joey and I were laughing because they had pancakes and waffles and Grayson put candy, candy corns, and syrup on his. We are sure that Buddy the Elf would approve!!! The kids ate a bunch of sugar, enjoyed the atmosphere, and even got a beanie baby from Santa as they left. Since we don't do Santa, it was funny to see how they were like, "Whatevs!"


After the breakfast, we headed to Ella's school program where she was the sweetest angel. Her class was absolutely precious and I may have laughed so hard I cried!
We ended the evening with friends and family at our home. Joey planned a birthday party for me and with the help of my mom and his mom....it was perfect. I told Joey it was the best birthday ever! Since there were so many kids, it was kind of perfect how the house a street over is insanely decorated and had a polar bear, Santa, a reindeer, hot cocoa, cookies, and goody bags. We all walked over after dinner for pictures and then headed back to hang out.





It was a perfect night. I wish I would have gotten more pictures of my family, Joey's family, and everyone there but it was definitely a great night and made it seem like the holidays are really already here!!!

I can't believe we have one more week. I can't wait to make more memories with the kids and Joey and to have 2 weeks off!! Before I go, let me share Grayson's news! He won 1st place in an art contest put on by The Forney Arts Council. Kids had to write about what they were thankful for. He got his first ribbon and a gift card to Kroger. We are so proud of him!!!


No comments: