Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Season of Giving: Last Minute Ideas

I am pleased to say that I am completely done with Christmas shopping. Everything is wrapped and under the tree. My type A personality just would not allow me to start the Christmas break with anything to do except bake cookies with the kids and wear my pajamas all day. I may have enjoyed a venti nonfat latte one night last week which in turn allowed me to stay up until 2 a.m. making sure I dotted my i's and crossed my t's. By the way, Starbucks....I love you.

Now, in case you aren't done shopping (which has been me at this point in years past), I have a couple of ideas for you. I am sharing a couple of price points!

1. Minnetonka "Cally" Slippers
Who doesn't love a nice, warm pair of slippers? At only $38.95!? You can find them HERE but they are also available in limited sizes at Northpark.

2. Pottery Barn Kids Duffle Bags
I may wait to see if these go on sale even more after Christmas. I know my kids would love one for visiting Papa/Nana and Pawpaw/Mimi or for dance class or basketball. Right now, you can get free shipping and also add a little for personalization. They range from $31-45. Check it out HERE.

3. Under Armour Quarter Zip Pullover
This is a great guy's gift and it's only $39.99. You can find it HERE.

4. This Coffee Tho Mug
I love the stuff from Sister Studio. I swear they have the cutest stationary and gift items. This cup is on MY wish list!!! Find it HERE. At $16.50, it is a useful yet super cute gift!
5.  Kate Spade Round Lever Back Earrings
These babies were $55 and right now they are on sale for $25! Find them HERE. I may have a new obsession with all things Kate Spade.
6. Up, Down, All Around
The author of this amazing book shared a copy with me... and my family absolutely loved it! This would be a great stocking stuffer or if you do 3 presents like we do, it would be a great spiritual gift. It summarizes the book of Genesis in a kid friendly way with beautiful illustrations. Grayson and Ella loved it and actually discussed what they read!!! They also had a lot of great questions because they were able to understand it. You can get it HERE! I am always on the lookout for biblical children's stories and this is one that I would definitely add to your collection if you don't already have it. It even touches on respect and love for others!
It is currently only $8.82 for paperback and if you order it tonight, it can make it in time for Christmas!!!

Last, there are always many wonderful organizations to donate to in honor of someone. Personally, I think that is one of the best gifts!!! Organizations like Voice of the Martyrs, St. Judes, Compassion International....and so much more. Attaching a copy of the donation to an ornament is a sweet, memorable present!!

Hopefully, this helps and if not...maybe you can add some items to your after Christmas list!!! Hope you all have a fabulous and safe Christmas and New Year with your loved ones!!!

No comments: