Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014, Hello New Year!

Warning: Grab a cozy blanket and hot tea...this will be long, y'all.

As any year, 2014 has had it's ups and downs. I learned a lot about being a mom. I learned how precious every moment with your kids can be and how I need to be "present" in every moment with them...not on my phone or distracted...giving them all of me. I learned that marriage isn't always perfect and that's okay because it's always work and it is so worth it, you just may not see it on the bad days but sure will see it the next. I learned that I can reach goals that others didn't think I could or would do....and there's nothing I love more than a challenge.

Most importantly, I learned that we are never promised tomorrow and that my relationship with God should be my #1 priority each day. Without Him...I can't be the wife and mom I want to be. I can't provide Godly counsel as a friend or be a reflection of Christ every where I go without being in prayer each day and in His word. He provides me grace and mercy each day because I sure am far from perfect, y'all.

To sum it up, here is a little about 2014....

-One of my most favorite people ever passed away...my Granny. It was bittersweet. She was not herself anymore but at the same time it was so hard because she was pretty much in every memory I have growing up. She was a kind, amazingly strong, and humble woman.

-We finally moved into our new house! It was so exciting and we are loving it. We couldn't have asked for a more amazing neighborhood!

-I became an aunt twice more which brings the total to 6 and my sister is due with another in a couple of months!

-We spent many days at the pool over the summer.

-I drank half my weight in Starbucks...maybe more.

-We enjoyed wonderful times with family and friends.

-Grayson played basketball and golf for the first time.

Here is a little video that pretty much shows our year in pictures. It was a good one and we look forward to all that 2015 will bring!!!





No comments: