Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ella Grace is One and it sure was FUN!

Ella's birthday was this past Saturday and I am a bit embarrassed that I have not posted pictures sooner. We have had a lot going on at church with all the fun summer activities and an ENGAGE ministry team. I am actually about to pack for our trip to the Gaylord tomorrow. It is just a little min-stay-cation for our little ones (and Joey and I) to have a little fun! If you and your little ones get bored this summer, you should check it out, they are having some great summer deals and neat events going on!
Ella's birthday turned out to be wonderful, we had such a great turn out and it was such a blessing. I tried to make as many things as I could possible. My sister made the adorable Elmo smash cake and a teacher friend from work made the too cute cookies (and they were so yum, too)! 

























As you can see she just attacked loved that cake. We had to take it away from her because we knew she would just EAT IT ALL!! Thank you to everyone that came out and celebrated what a blessing our sweet girl is!!
Before I let you all get outta here, I have to share some little home projects that I worked on last week...some of them with my amazing cousin's wife, Tina. She is just too darn talented.
One I had started a couple of weeks back....I had just ADORED this beautiful white and pink table and chair set at Pottery Barn Kids (I just love their stuff)! I had my eye on it and was hoping to save up and get it...but the Mr. wasn't to keen on the idea of paying $400 on a table for a baby....so my mom had a wooden table and chair set that was a natural wood color so I called dibs on it....with some cleaning up and $10 of spray paint, I have a pretty close match for ten bucks.
The beautiful Pottery Barn version
My $10 version...keep in mind that Ella had already thrown toys on it...haha!

Next, Tina had come over last week to help me make a headboard for Grayson's room. Joey and I had looked a lot of places and we couldn't find a lot we liked. So, I decided to make one. After Tina showed me, I was amazed and how quick and easy it is. 
I was really happy at how turned out. Now, I am just getting ready to order this cute comforter from Pottery Barn Kids...I told you I just love their stuff!
I hear Ella ready for a snack....see you all soon! :)

Love,
Melanie



Great Gaylord DealsGreat

3 comments:

Randi said...

Love your home projects!!! Isn't fun to make stuff yourself? :)

Ella's party was so cute! Her smash cake picture was funny. :)

Miss ya!

The Happy Hatch Family said...

Great job on a super cute party! And I love that table and chair set, isn't spray paint fantastic!

Melanie said...

Randi, I sure miss you and can't wait to visit when your sweet boy arrives! Mary Beth, I have a new found love for spray paint and if you ever want to give me a tutorial on all that and maybe some sewing, call me....really I am very serious!!