Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pudding Paint and a Growing Reader!

Today we headed on down to the library to check out the free puppet show they had. It was awesome and both of my kiddos were laughing! After the show, Grayson wanted to check out a book and he had his mind set on getting a big book....not a large picture book...but a "grown up" book. He was so funny and he even went to check it out with his own library card.


We had grabbed some pizza by the slice and made our way home. When we got home, Grayson was CRAZY  very energetic. He wanted to play outside but with this 100 degree Texas weather and his asthma, we thought today was not a good day. I had bought some vanilla pudding so we made PUDDING PAINT!
All you need is a box of vanilla pudding.
-Make it according to the box, I used two so we could have leftovers to eat with crumbled graham crackers.
-Divide it up into small bowls and add food coloring to make whatever colors you would like.
-Then let them loose!!
I let them finger paint and just eat it up. They L-O-V-E-D it! They were literally squealing and laughing most of the time. I think it's good to let kids get messy and creative sometimes, it's almost therapeutic!
Grayson kept saying, "Mama, I love this!! Yet, he is like his Daddy and at first, he was concerned about getting too messy.

Ella, being a wee little one, just straight up ate it all.

Then they were done painting but wanted to eat the rest, so we crushed up some fruity Cheerios and made a little dessert. They thought that was the best part!

With being home ALL summer (which I do love) we are looking for cheap, easy ideas to keep the kiddos going each day. We try to do a couple things out every week but it gets so expensive! What are some things y'all do out there???? Leave a comment, I would love to read them!

No comments: