Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Made My Family.....

Joey and I have been blessed to have found such a wonderful church. It is called Mclendon Chisolm Baptist Church and it has the sweetest people ever, a nice small town feel, and most important, a strong biblical message. Well, when we began going there we knew we wanted to get involved. So, one day when I was dropping Grayson off I noticed that their pre-school kiddos class was growing so I volunteered to help out. At first, it was not exactly what I had in mind because I teach and have little ones at home but sometimes it's more of what God wants us to do as opposed to where we want to be. Now, a couple of months later, I love it. Joey has been playing the guitar and hopes to get more involved and really hopes to do God's work in all that we do. Well, last week our Sunday school message was about how God made our families and how they are blessings. The kids drew pictures and I just have to share how cute Grayson's was.....
(Teachers out there, can you see the developmental illustrations...haha)
Well, I just love it and am so thankful to get to be with such a neat group of kiddos. Speaking of kiddos, Grayson and Ella are loving everything that comes with summer. They have enjoyed ice cream and swimming at Nana and Papa's and will soon get to visit Mimi and Paw-Paw's (they have had some sickness in the house). We definitely had a relaxing ol' time and school is not even out. This Saturday will be our last day and I am just too excited! We already have a busy summer ahead full of throwing a baby shower for my friend, Ella's first birthday, my cousin's wedding, our five year anniversary, and all the full things you get to do in the summer. Hopefully, we'll squeeze in some time to relax. 
Well, I better hit the hay.....here are some pictures of our sweet little swimmers....

-Melanie







No comments: