Well today felt like our real first day back since we had started on a Friday. Taking the kids wasn't as bad as I thought. There were no tears from any of us! They happily went into their classrooms! I was happy because I had a presentation to give today at our campus and I did not want to look like a hot mess! When we picked up the kiddos, Grayson did not want to leave, He was happily riding a Little Tikes Coupe around and told us" I will be ready later.." Ella was screaming and excited to see us with tears running down her face. Broke.My.Heart! They said she had a tough day because she wanted ALL of the teacher's attention. I am sure it will be something she will get used to.
Work was great today. There were lots of laughs and great information. It's also nice to be able to take a lunch break with Joey! Perks of working with your spouse. He took me to get a happy meal so I could get a smurf for Grayson...I hope that did not count as a date! Haha!
Well, I am super tired. I came home and made tacos, iced tea, and muffins....not to go together! Then I read my kiddos some books, gave them lots of hugs and kisses, and now I hope to settle in bed and watch a movie with the sweet hubby!
I will leave you with some pictures of my classroom ( I still have some decorative things to do and some tidying up). I was afraid I wouldn't liked it but I REALLY do. It's nice and bright but not too much, it's so much more organized. I love it. The blank red and blue pieces of paper will be filled the first weeks of school. In dual language, students generate their own alphabet to be displayed with a picture in both English (blue) and Spanish (red)....just wanted to explain so you're not like RANDOM..... Well, I am off to bed and beaming with excitement to meet my new class! G'night y'all!
2 comments:
Your classroom look so cute! I must be honest...I miss decorating a classroom, but I feel so blessed to stay home with Brax. I hope you have a GREAT year!! Brax and I will have to come visit and bring you lunch one day!!!
Randi, I miss teaching with you!!! Y'all will have to do that I would love lunch but I would love seeing Mr. B even more!!!
Post a Comment