Whew...I am super exhausted. Today, I worked in my class with my sister from around 11'ish to 7. We did not stop for lunch, water, nothing! When I look back on my day, I am a bit frustrated....Have you ever went into something not exactly sure what you want to do? Usually, I don't. If you know me, you know I am a planner but today I just did not know exactly what I wanted to do in my room so I took EVERYTHING except my word walls down. Then I continued to just put up random bright colors and patterns that don't go together...I wanted something bright, simple, clean, and kind of mod. My sister did a really cute bulletin board! I guess I just felt frustrated that I just have a hodge podge of stuff. I have always done a theme since my first year teaching.
My first year it was apples and primary colors:
My second year it was animal print/safari.
The third year it was animal print again...excuse the rug...
My fourth year as a counselor, I even had a theme...red and black..
Last year it was red, black, and yellow...and owls...haha.
So I guess we will see how it turns out this year. I am sure it will all come together. I am just trying not to buy a lot of stuff and just use things here and there that I already have. I will post pics once it's finished.
Now to our CRAZY night. Grayson had been saying he wants his cousins to come over so last night, I invited 3 of them to spend the night. Olivia (4), Vann (3), and Shelby (11) plus Grayson (3), and Ella (1 going on 3). So we had a full house..fo' sho'! We had a little camp out in the living room again (that tent has been put to good use). The kids enjoyed hot dogs, lemonade, trail mix, prizes, coloring, movies, and s'mores! They enjoyed sleeping in the tent and I am not even going to lie...it got crazy. I may have even mouthed "What was I thinking?" to Joey and he may have even smirked like he told me so...haha! But in all we had a blast and my sister, Shelby, and I stayed up until the wee hours laughing until we cried....


No comments:
Post a Comment