Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Faves

Today I am linking up with Andrea, Erika, and Narci for Friday Favorites. And I am also linking up with Lauren for our Friday Faves!



First up...I am so in love with this EOS sweet mint balm. Oh my word. I was about to buy a $24 thing of lip balm (even though what we put on our lips is so worth it) but as I was checking out at Target one day, I thought I would try this and I love it! It is super inexpensive but feels and smells amazing!!!

With it being back to school, we have been busy school shopping. Two weekends ago we headed to Nordstrom for the kids' shoes. I love buying their shoes there because of the return policy and the kids have looked forward to it since they were smaller. I remember taking Grayson since he was about one to go buy converse up there. He would get a balloon and watch the fish. It has been an Acker family tradition since 2008 and is going strong. Haha!

I have been trying to allow the kids to choose their own stuff. As long as it is appropriate, safe, and not ridiculous...they have choice in their clothes and shoes. It has been hard doing this but I love seeing how proud they are when they get to pick out what they want. I won't lie, I was a little nervous. But...they both picked out absolutely adorable pairs of shoes!!!

Grayson found these Converse No-Tie shoes...


With Ella, we had our sights set on getting the new Glimmer Toms but they didn't have them yet. We could have ordered them online but I want to use my Nordstrom debit card to rack up those points!!!
After Ella saw Grayson's shoes....she picked out these. I believe both of these styles are called the "Street Ox" Sneaker."
And last....what I am loving this Friday is 2nd Saturdays in Forney. It is a little set up at Bell Park in downtown Forney near Crumbzz (an amazing restaurant). It is where art is displayed, music is being played, kids can play in a drum circle, and there are neat vendors selling unique. I will be doing a craft and storytime at 10:30 a.m. and would love to see you out there!!!


Have a great weekend, y'all! Don't forget to check out Lauren's post HERE! If you are a workin' lady and missed the post on Summer Wear to Work, check it out HERE!

2 comments:

Jamie {the celebrating momma} said...

I love my sweet mint EOS. It is so addicting and it lasts for a good while.

Kaitlin said...

Those no tie shoes are SO cute! I've been on the hunt for my girlie to wear this fall ... I will check them out!

Kaitlin
www.littlegoodiesblog.blogspot.com