Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Behind the Blog

Lauren and I thought that since we linked up yesterday, we may have new readers...and we should totally introduce ourselves in case you don't know us.
Remember, you can find Lauren's blog HERE!!!  
It is pretty fabulous, so check it out.
 
Why, hello! I am Melanie and I am a very, very, , VERY early thirties mommy of two and a wife to my amazing hubby. Did I mention very early thirties...as in 31...haha....thirties are hard when your hubby is 29! This right here is my whole world.
I am a wife to Joey who is a wonderful, Godly man. He is an amazing husband and even more amazing father. We are going on 8 years (this month on the 24th) of being married. In some of my posts, I will blog about marriage because marriage is work. I always thought that marriage was a picture perfect fairytale but there are some days that are hard and I definitely will keep it real. Haha! So many people project perfection but you sure won't find that here. The important thing in our marriage is that we have bad days...days where we aren't each other's favorite person but we work at it everyday and this man is exceptional at thinking of ways each day to make our marriage better, stronger, and more Christ centered and I am so thankful for that.This is one of the reasons I wanted to blog. I wanted to have a real blog that may be a testament to others when it comes to marriage.
 

I am a Mommy to a 6 year old and an almost 4 year old (she will be 4 on the 24th, we had an anniversary baby)! I never knew I could love two little kiddos so much. They bring us so much joy and make us crazy all at the same time but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Grayson is our logical, ease into situations kid. He likes to read, analyze situations, and has the kindest heart. He loves the Lord already and wants to be in His word everyday. He is so thoughtful and just melts my heart and even more so as he gets older. He is also the super cuddly one!
Ella is our free spirited, spunky yet very girly kiddo. She can be so shy and sensitive or a ball of energy. She loves French music, Starbucks, and being with Mommy. I never imagined how fun it would be to have a little girl! She is so sweet and caring and picks up on people's feelings quite easily, we may have another counselor on our hands one day! 
 I am a past Kinder and First teacher, elementary counselor, and now middle school counselor. I have been so blessed to have been at such amazing schools with sweet kids. I love my job and am happy as long as I am working with kids. I learn so much from them and hope I can make an impact on their lives.....even if it's for a tiny moment. I also blog about ideas and resources at my counseling blog: The Stylish School Counselor
The Stylish School Counselor
Most importantly, I am a follower of God. He has my heart. I would be nothing without Him. He is my rock and is another big part of why I blog. I want to share my testimony each day and write about my struggles and celebrations with my walk with the Lord.  He is the center of our family and we try to pray about every decision that is made in our household. We owe every blessing to Him.  

I love shopping, Starbucks, creating fun yet simple things and activities for kids, trying to decorate on a budget (our budgeting will be a whole other post), Nordstrom has my heart, my family and friends and BFF are everything to me, wedges and dresses are my official dress code, and I am slightly obsessed with NYC and Gossip Girl is my guilty pleasure (PTL for Netflix)!  


 I started this blog in 2009 as a way to document Grayson's milestones and to keep our family from around the world in the loop of our family's happenings. Since then I have blogged about adding a new baby (Ella), graduating from grad school, job changes, celebrations, losses, moving, and just the day to day moments as a family. I look forward to many more posts full of fun ideas for kids, testaments of faith, fashion finds, recipes, and much more.
 I am also so excited about all the fun me and my sister in law, Lauren, will have with our new blog series. Good times, ahead!!!

No comments: